Compli, the nation's trusted provider of HR and compliance management software, announces a three-part webinar series based on key best practices in hiring. This series is presented in partnership with the national labor law firm Fisher & Phillips LLP.
The webinar series will focus on all aspects of the hiring process, including: steps to take when preparing for hiring, the legal use of employee background checks during the hiring process and new-hire orientation and training best practices for those employees selected for hire. The webinars will be offered as follows:
1. October 23: The First Step in Effective Hiring – Prepare!
Compli and Chris Hoffman, Partner at Fisher & Phillips LLP, will kick off the series with a discussion of what is needed before you hire an employee, including:
- Implementing and using appropriate employment applications
- Identifying the attributes of a successful candidate
- Conducting an effective interview
- Avoiding the legal landmines that litter the hiring process
2. November 14: Check, Please! Legal Use of Employment Background Checks
In the second webinar, Compli and Steve Roppolo, Partner at Fisher & Phillips LLP, will lead a lively and informative discussion on the proper use of employment screening tools. Steve will cover:
- Compliance with EEOC Enforcement Guidance on criminal background checks
- Avoiding negligent hiring claims
- Implementing a drug testing program
- Proper interviewing techniques
3. Dec. 6: Orientation & Training for New Employees: Setting the Table for Success
Smart employers put a great deal of thought and energy behind hiring the best individuals for the job. Once these new employees are in the door, the question becomes: 'How can we best ensure that these new employees will succeed?"
In Part 3 of the series, Compli and Tim Scott, Partner at Fisher & Phillips LLP, will discuss the best ways to get the most out of your new employees in order to minimize the chances that all of your hard work in selecting these individuals will be wasted.
Compli's software combines intuitive technology, flexible workflow and relationships with Subject Matter Experts to help clients simply and cost-efficiently monitor and document HR, safety and...
Heatlh care reform and its impact on small employers to be covered.
Shared responsibility penalties for businesses begin in 2015.