Mitchell 1 has embedded an Estimator feature into its ProDemand repair, diagnostic and maintenance information program to help professional technicians streamline their workflow, making it even easier and quicker for them to create estimates.
"In addition to adding the Estimator feature to ProDemand, we also enhanced the editing capabilities to help technicians improve their workflow and give them more control over their estimates," said Gary Hixson, market manager for Mitchell 1. "Now it's easier than ever to write the estimate accurately the first time, which saves time and increases shop efficiency."
Benefits of the new Estimator feature:
- Parts and Labor: Labor times and parts pricing are included for domestic and imported vehicle models going back almost 30 years, giving technicians an extensive selection of vehicles to produce more estimates.
- OEM scheduled maintenance: Maintenance services are presented based on time and mileage intervals, as well as dashboard indicator lights.
- Enhanced Editing: Technicians have more freedom to customize the estimate by editing labor times, adding parts manually, adding or deleting lines, and moving lines in the estimate to group items together.
- More Capacity: Technicians can now save up to 200 estimates, giving them expanded visibility into their customers' estimate history.
- Fluids are Included: Simply add a line for the fluid and enter a price. The estimate total displays the fluids with tax automatically included.
- Enhanced Printing: Technicians can suppress selected fields (like part numbers and labor hours) to customize the printout that they show the vehicle owner.
ProDemand provides repair, diagnostic and maintenance information to help professional technicians complete their jobs faster, easier and smarter. ProDemand presents information from service repair manuals in a consistent, easy-to-understand format, providing all of the descriptions, procedures, specifications and diagrams that technicians need. Returning all of the relevant findings quickly saves time because technicians don't have to conduct multiple look-ups to find what they need.