Freightliner Trucks announced the launch of its new interactive community, Team Run Smart (www.TeamRunSmart.com). An open online community offering a wealth of industry resources, Team Run Smart was developed to help owner-operators, company drivers and fleet managers advance in the business of trucking.
Accessible through a dedicated website, mobile device site, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, Team Run Smart features interactive industry tools that focus on everything from keeping operating costs low to staying healthier on the road. The community includes contributions from third-party industry experts and fosters interaction with other trucking industry professionals.
- Team Run Smart contains an extensive number of articles and blogs that are easy for users to access and comment on, including:
- Truck Smart: Provides tips on reducing operating costs; maximizing uptime; record keeping; and information on driving resale value.
- Fuel Smart: With fuel costs being among the largest expense, this forum features ideas on how drivers can optimize fuel consumption and improve efficiency.
- Business Smart: Focused on the business side of trucking, this forum includes useful information on maximizing revenue while minimizing expenses.
- Health Smart: Features tips to help drivers maintain a healthy lifestyle on and off the road.
"The Team Run Smart community is the definitive guide to help business-minded drivers succeed," said TJ Reed, director of product marketing for Freightliner Trucks. "The open format creates a social network where drivers of all brands of trucks can interact with and learn from each other, as well as have immediate access to a wealth of industry resources."
The Freightliner Trucks brand is one of the most recognizable and respected names in the trucking industry. Fleet managers and owner-operators alike associate Freightliner Trucks with efficient...
Interactive community provides company drivers, owner-operators and fleet managers with online resources
Team Run Smart is an open online community, offering a wealth of industry resources and helps owner-operators, company drivers and fleet managers advance in the business of trucking.
Freightliner Trucks announced that Henry Albert, Linda Caffee, Jeff Clark, Jimmy Nevarez and Joey Slaughter were chosen as the drivers for its "Team Run Smart Pros" program.