For the first time, Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo (AAPEX) Learning Forum education sessions will start on Monday, Oct. 29, instead of Tuesday, and continue throughout the event. AAPEX will be held Tuesday, Oct. 30 through Thursday, Nov. 1, at the Sands Expo Center in Las Vegas, Nev.
The new four-day Learning Forum will include 30-plus sessions that are all free-of-charge and open to everyone. Specific sessions are recommended for general aftermarket audiences, warehouse distributors, manufacturers, retailers, auto repair shops and parts stores. Sessions are designed to provide attendees with industry trend information, new techniques and technology to help them improve their businesses.
The following Learning Forum sessions will be offered on Oct. 29:
• "Outlook for Fuel and Raw Material Costs: How it Impacts Everyone in the Aftermarket," speaker Jason Schenker, Prestige Economics, LLC
• "The Partnership Path to Brand Differentiation & Success!" with speaker Jackie DeLise, Vermillion Consulting
• "Intellectual Property: What You Don't Know Can Hurt You," speaker Sarah Bruno, Arent Fox (sponsored by MEMA Brand Protection Committee)
• "Culture Eats Strategy for Lunch: Why and How to Define and Nurture Your Company Culture," speaker Shawn Parr, Bulldog Drummond
• "Sprechen Zie Brand?" with speaker Shawn Parr, Bulldog Drummond
• "The New Aftermarket: We Have an App for That," speaker Derek Kaufman, C3 Network, Inc.
Learning Forum sessions will be held at the Venetian Hotel, on the Venetian/Palazzo Congress Center Level 1, Marco Polo Rooms 701-706. All sessions are accredited by the University of the Aftermarket toward the Automotive Aftermarket Professional (AAP) and Master Automotive Aftermarket Professional (MAAP) designations.
With the Learning Forum starting before the official opening of AAPEX, attendees are reminded to adjust their travel plans and schedules accordingly. To register for AAPEX, visit the event's website, www.aapexshow.com. For a complete list of sessions, visit the Learning Forum on the AAPEX website.