Xata Corporation, the leader in fleet optimization software, announced that it has added eight new, technologically advanced tablets and smartphones certified to work with the Xata Turnpike fleet management solution, continuing its dedication to delivering mobile technology's most recent advancements to the transportation industry.
With more than 85 devices certified to run Xata Turnpike, Xata is outpacing its competition with cutting-edge technology that fleets of all sizes and owner-operators are choosing to help them improve compliance, reduce costs and increase customer satisfaction.
"The days of multi-thousand dollar, difficult-to-install and proprietary platforms are fading away," said Christian Schenk, vice president, market development and product marketing, Xata. "A tablet by definition is a portable device that operates completely independent of other hardware or cradles, and doesn't require a three-hour installation. The Xata Turnpike solution self-installs in minutes and operates with a mobile device seamlessly without any bulky harnesses or cradles."
Unlike competitive "portable computers" that come at high capital costs, Xata's software is optimized to run on all form factors and supports many operating systems including the industry-leading Android.
The eight new devices now certified to run Xata Turnpike, including six tablets and one smartphone that use the Android operating system, feature a variety of productivity-enhancing tools. Supported by mobile carrier partners AT&T, Sprint and Verizon, the eight new devices include:
- Acer Iconia a500 tablet on the AT&T network. Features a 10" LCD touch display, making it easy to interact with, and high-end resolution for easy reading. The five-megapixel rear-facing camera plus front-facing camera are ideal for capturing proof of delivery and other daily tasks.
- ZTE Optik tablet on the Sprint network. Combines 3G mobility and Wi-Fi speed to deliver connectivity drivers need to keep in touch. Features a 7" touchscreen and optional mobile hotspot allowing drivers to share a Wi-Fi connection with up to five other devices
- Huawei MediaPad 7 tablet on the AT&T network. The MediaPad's size and speed make it easy and flexible to use. Five-megapixel rear-facing camera and 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera give truckers the ability to take high-quality pictures for tasks including proof of delivery, load damage and other scenarios.
- Samsung Galaxy Note smartphone/tablet on the AT&T network. This crossover phone/tablet features a large screen, and an eight-megapixel rear-facing camera and two-megapixel front-facing camera ideal for capturing proof of delivery or product damage. Also features the S Pen stylus, allowing drivers to take notes and capture necessary signatures.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 tablet on the AT&T network. Features a high-quality screen; 3.2-megapixel rear-facing camera and two-megapixel front-facing camera for proof of delivery, product damage and other driver scenarios; 4G speed and 1.5 GHz, ARM9 dual core processor.
- Pantech Element tablet on the AT&T network. This semi-rugged tablet is dustproof and waterproof, making it ideal for use in the transportation industry. Features an 8" screen, robust 1.5 GHz processor, front- and rear-facing cameras, and up to 12 hours of use time.
Why it is important to secure your cell phone.
XRS introduces new self-titled mobile fleet management technology, changes name to emphasize its innovative nature.
Field Force Manager and Fleet Control Solutions to increase productivity and efficiency for mobile workers and rolling stock