The Automotive Aftermarket Industry Association (AAIA) elected its new officers and board of directors for 2012-2013. This board is effective July 1, 2012.
AAIA’s elected officers of the Executive Committee are:
- Chairman, Timothy Lee, Lang Distributing
- Vice Chairman, Richard Jago, Old World Industries, Inc.
- Treasurer, Michael Klein, IDQ Holding, Inc.
- Secretary, David Scheer, Inland Truck Parts Company
- Vice President, Cal Wilkins, TASCO
- Vice President, Ira Davis, Multi Parts Supply, USA
- Vice President, Lisa Kranc, AutoZone, Inc.
- Vice President, John Washbish, Aftermarket Auto Parts Alliance
- Past Chairman, Robert Egan, Federal-Mogul Corporation
Nine new individuals were elected to the AAIA Board of Directors, including:
- Thomas Beer, TKB Consultants
- Michael Broderick, CARQUEST Corporation
- Jim Dykstra, Dykstra Auto Service
- Roger McCollum, N.A. Williams Company
- John Quirk, VIP, Inc.
- Sherri Rains, Blue Magic, Inc.
- David Segal, Automotive Supply Associates, Inc.
- Michael Swearengin, O’Reilly Auto Parts
- Randal Ward, Automotive Aftermarket Association Southeast
Continuing board members are:
- Mike Carlet, Driven Brands, Inc.
- Curtis Draper, UCI-FRAM Group
- Mike Fitzgerald, Standard Motor Products
- Todd Hack, The Gates Corporation
- Patricia Law, ANSA Automotive Parts Distributors
- Scott LeProhon, Genuine Parts Company, NAPA
- William Maggs, National Pronto Association
- Gary Perman, RPS Marketing, LLC
- Tom Perry, US Chemical and Plastics, Inc.
- F. Scott Pletz, Marketing and Promotion, Inc.
- Timothy Trudnowski, Automotive Jobbers Supply
- Scott Webb, Pep Boys
The Automotive Aftermarket Industry Association (AAIA) elected Tim Lee, Lang Distributing, as chairman of the AAIA Board of Directors for 2012-2013 at Spring Leadership Days on May 4 in Scottsdale, Ariz. Lee will replace current chairman Bob Egan of Federal-Mogul on July 1, 2012.
Lee began in the aftermarket in 1971 at United Delco, then a division of General Motors, which later became ACDelco, where he worked as a jobber sales representative and then district sales manager in the Chicago area. In 1975, he joined Lang Distributing in Kankakee, Ill., and after serving as marketing manager, sales manager and general manager, he bought the company in 1985. He remains active in the daily management of the company’s 22 owned/affiliated jobber stores in Illinois and Indiana, under the Bumper to Bumper program banner.
Lee was a partner in the acquisition and merger of Certified Automotive in Chicago, Ill., and Lee Auto Parts and its subsequent sale to Auto Wares of Michigan. Lee has served on the board of directors of the Bumper to Bumper marketing group and the Executive Board of the Aftermarket Auto Parts Alliance, where he served two years as its chairman. He has served as treasurer of AAIA and as a governor, treasurer and chairman of AWDA.
He has received a number of AWDA recognitions including the Leader of the Year Award, the Martin Fromm Lifetime Achievement Award, Pursuit of Excellence Award and the Art Fisher Memorial Scholarship Award. He has also received the Industry Service Award from Northwood University.
Lee has been active in the AWDA University and University of the Aftermarket, where he served as vice chancellor. He continues to serve as treasurer emeritus of AWDA.
Lee holds a bachelor’s of arts degree from Michigan State University. He earned the Master Automotive Aftermarket Professional (MAAP) designation from the University of the Aftermarket in 2009.