The National Catalog Managers Association (NCMA) recognized winning submissions in several catalog media with the President’s Award for Catalog Excellence at the 39th Annual Knowledge Exchange conference, recently held in Las Vegas. NCMA recognized the best examples of paper, web and, new this year, mobile cataloging in the automotive aftermarket. The submissions were evaluated on criteria such as design, navigation, content, physical specifications and overall impression.
Winners chosen from among 20 entries for paper catalogs:
- Bronze Level Award – Walker Products for their 2012 Domestic Oxygen Sensor Catalog
- Silver Level Award – Gates Corporation for the Gates Water Pump catalog of 2012
- Gold Level Award – CARDONE Industries for CARDONE Automotive Motors
Winners chosen from among 25 entries for Web catalog:
- Bronze Level Award – Standard Motor Products
- Silver Level Award – DENSO Sales of California
- Gold Level Awards goes to – K&N Engineering
Winners chosen for mobile catalog applications:
- Bronze Level Award – Gates Corporation
- Silver Level Award – CARDONE Industries
- Gold Level Award – DENSO Sales of California
Electronic Data Excellence Awards were also presented by the leading data receivers to the most deserving suppliers who consistently outperform and provide the highest quality electronic applications data and product content.
- Advance Auto Parts presented Best in Class for Data Excellence to Perfection Hy-Test
- Amazon.com presented Best in Class for Data Excellence to Dorman Products
- AutoZone presented Best in Class for Data Excellence to Compressor Works
- CARQUEST presented Best in Class for Data Excellence to Affinia Group, Raybestos Division
- Epicor Software presented Best in Class for Data Excellence to Beck/Arnley
- NAPA Auto Parts presented Best in Class for Data Excellence to NAPA Belts & Hose / Gates Corporation
- O’Reilly Auto Part presented Best in Class for Data Excellence to Gates Corporation
- U.S. Auto Parts presented Best in Class for Data Excellence to Beck/Arnley
- WHI Solutions presented Best in Class for Data Excellence to Continental Corporation – VDO
Electronic Data Excellence and the NCMA awards are presented annually as part of the association’s Knowledge Exchange conference. NCMA is a membership segment of the Automotive Aftermarket Industry Association (AAIA) which serves to advance the educational needs and professional interests of automotive catalog managers. To learn more, visit www.ncmacat.org.
New University of Aftermarket certificate for automotive catalog professionals
Awards to be presented at annual conference, April 21-24, in Las Vegas.
39th annual NCMA event addresses industry challenges and rewards.