Natural gas industry leaders are set to gather at the upcoming Alternative Clean Transportation (ACT) Expo to showcase the very latest advancements across a wide variety of clean vehicle technologies. Natural gas, which includes compressed (CNG), liquefied (LNG), and renewable natural gas (biomethane), is taking on a significant presence at the event with a host of natural gas vehicle OEMs, fleet operators, gas producers, infrastructure and fuel providers, service and equipment providers and many others set to attend and share and discuss their investments in natural gas vehicles and technologies. Natural gas industry experts will be on hand to discuss the many opportunities for natural gas as an alternative fuel for all vehicle types—light, medium and heavy-duty—and across a variety of applications.
The nation's leading fleets utilizing natural gas vehicles will present their success stories at ACT Expo 2012 including UPS, Ryder System Inc., Yellow Cab, Dillon Transport, Swift Transportation, Vedder Transport and many others. Through a peer-to-peer information exchange, these natural gas vehicle frontrunners will share their experiences and best practices gained through successful vehicle deployment projects.
The top names and leaders in the natural gas industry will be represented at ACT Expo 2012 and include Trillium, Shell, America's Natural Gas Alliance, Chesapeake Energy, Kenworth, Peterbilt Motors, Daimler Trucks North America, America Honda Motor Co., Chart, Southern California Gas Company, Landi Renzo, Impco Automotive, Agility Fuel Systems, Galileo, California Natural Gas Vehicle Coalition, California Natural Gas Vehicle Partnership, Clean Energy, American Biogas Council and many others.
In addition, Kenworth, Peterbilt Motors, Daimler Trucks North America, Ford, Isuzu Trucks, General Motors, Mack Trucks and others will showcase their latest natural gas vehicle technologies on the ACT Expo 2012 show floor and in the vehicle ride-and-drive. Vehicles available for test drives will include:
- Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD bi-fuel gasoline/CNG
- Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD CNG (IMPCO Automotive, Model Year 2012)
- Dodge Ram 1500 bi-fuel gasoline/CNG
- Chrysler Dodge Ram 2500 CNG
- Ford, F-250 CNG (Venchurs Vehicle System, Model Year 2012)
- Ford 5.4 liter CNG E Series cargo van (Landi Renzo, Model Year 2012)
- Freightliner Cascadia 113 day cab tractor CNG
- Isuzu NPR-HD gas truck, alternative fuel capable for liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) and CNG
- Isuzu NPR medium-duty range-extended hybrid CNG/electric vehicle
- Peterbilt Model 382 vocational truck CNG
ACT Expo 2012 will also host free, educational training sessions on natural gas vehicles May 15 from 8 AM to noon. These sessions include:
- "Natural Gas Fleets: The Basics" and "LNG and CNG: What Is the Difference for My Fleet?" presented by Advanced Transportation Technology and Energy Centers
- "Liquefied Natural Gas - Removing the Mystery of LNG" presented by Chart Industries
- "Natural Gas in Operations: Cylinder Safety and Facility Modifications" presented by the Clean Vehicle Education Foundation
Amidst diesel and oil prices topping $4 per gallon across the U.S., the 2012 Alternative Clean Transportation (ACT) Expo will showcase real-world success stories of alternative fuel and clean vehicle deployments that are saving fleets and their customers' money in addition to reducing harmful emissions. A detailed list of sponsors, exhibitors, speakers, training sessions and vehicles that will be at ACT Expo 2012 is available at www.actexpo.com.
ACT Expo is North America’s biggest convergence of clean vehicle technology and alternative fuel industry stakeholders. Fleet Maintenance magazine is a media partner for the 2012 ACT Expo.
Company has earned 40 percent market share of the commercial truck natural gas market.
Leaders from the transportation and automotive industries will speak at an alternative fuel vehicles conference in Washington, D.C.