Dana Holding Corporation, a world leader in the supply of driveline products (axles, driveshafts, and transmissions), power technologies (sealing and thermal-management products), and genuine service parts for light and heavy duty vehicle manufacturers, is enhancing vehicle efficiency through innovative product technologies and service offerings.
During the recent At the Technology & Maintenance Council Annual Exhibition and Conference in Florida, spokespeople for Dana Holding Corporation discussed how the company is creating value for its customers through the introduction of new technology and innovation-based driveline solutions.
Also discussed were plans for its new field sales and services organization launching the middle of this year.
These actions are the result of Dana and Eaton Corporation ending their marketing relationship by the middle of this year.
Since announcing the “breakup,” each company has been preparing to sell, market and service customers independently of each other.
At the time of the announcement, Mark Wallace, president of Dana’s On-Highway Driveline Technologies business, said: “Going to market independently will afford Dana greater opportunity to communicate with customers directly and to better understand their needs.
“Our customers depend on us to develop products and solutions that not only meet their needs today, but anticipate their needs in the future,” said Steve Slesinski, director of global product planning at Dana Holding Corporation at the TMC meeting. “A closer, direct relationship with customers will, in turn, provide the foundation for continued innovation and technology in Dana’s core axle, driveshaft, wheel end and tire management systems.”
Dana has given careful consideration to the many factors involved with launching a successful field sales and service organization and has developed a plan to ensure its customers receive best-in-class support, Slesinski said.
The key elements of Dana’s new service and support model will include the following:
- Direct access to a world leader in driveline technology, including dedicated applications and engineering support
- Industry leading warranty coverage and support.
- Experienced and professional field-based representation and technical support.
- Localized inventory for truck down situations.
- Leading edge web and technology tools, including the latest technology, to provide service and support to customers 24/7.
- A commitment to two-way customer dialogue and a continuous pipeline of innovations aligned with industry trends and customer needs.
Dana is committed to developing even stronger, direct relationships with its customers, he said.