Navistar's Product Offerings
Navistar will leverage its existing commercial truck and engine platforms to offer the broadest portfolio of integrated products for the natural gas market. The company will continue to offer International DuraStar and WorkStar vocational trucks with its natural gas powered MaxxForce DT, developed in conjunction with Emissions Solutions Incorporated (ESI) of McKinney.
To meet the growing demands of the regional haul and class 7/8 vocational market Navistar will offer the Cummins-Westport ISL-G, in the International TranStar and WorkStar. Additionally, Navistar will enter into a phase II developmental agreement with Clean Air Power Ltd. on the International ProStar, WorkStar and PayStar vocational trucks, powered by a diesel pilot injection LNG MaxxForce 13L engine.
"One of the major obstacles in customer transition to natural gas has been the lack of a gas powered range of engines designed to meet the multiple requirements without compromise," said Jim Hebe, Navistar senior vice president, North America Sales Operations. "Navistar—with its extended range of truck engines—is uniquely able to leverage engine platforms into the industry's broadest range of natural gas trucks. When the MaxxForce 13L is introduced in mid-2013, customers will have a capable range of natural engines and trucks, from 7.6 liter to 13 liter with horsepower ranging from 200 to 450."
Summary Facts: What makes Navistar, Clean Energy Alliance Unique?
- Navistar offers the broadest truck and engine offering Class 6 through Class 8
- Commitment to support on-highway fueling requirements through Pilot/Flying J
- Capabilities to provide customer specific fueling stations
- Partnering with Navistar dealers and Idealease to meet on-site fueling needs
Affordability of Technology
- Navistar is committed to provide CNG/LNG offerings that provide payback within range of customer expectations
- Through our partnership, Clean Energy and Navistar are offering an incentive program (Fuel and Truck) that will mitigate or equalize the cost of vehicle with diesel equivalent
Economic Model makes CNG/LNG a viable fuel without incentives
- Clean Energy will guarantee fuel prices at a significant reduction from diesel for the term of 5 years
- Government subsidies and incentives not required to make the economic model work
- Navistar offers the broadest coverage in North America, nearly 800 outlets
- Providing facility training and building requirements
- Providing sales and service training for dealership technicians and sales staff
Navistar leverages “1+2+3” product strategy for global growth
Ten-year agreement to build and supply natural gas fueling station supporting new LNG-powered Texas tanker truck fleet.