Ryder System, Inc., a leader in transportation and supply chain management solutions, today announced it has launched "RydeSmart 3.0," the next generation of its innovative onboard telematics system RydeSmart, which has been enhanced to provide greater usability and vehicle intelligence to fleet management end users. In addition to its improved features, the new RydeSmart 3.0 is a software-as-a-service (SAAS) product, making it even easier for customers to access and monitor their fleets anytime, anywhere.
RydeSmartis a full-featured GPS fleet location, tracking, and vehicle performance management system offered to Ryder's full-service lease customers. A compact hardware and software unit that is installed in the vehicle and connects to its existing computer and diagnostics systems, RydeSmartcommunicates wirelessly via a dedicated and secure connection to a Web-based application that can be accessed by fleet, safety and driver managers.
Key new features of RydeSmart 3.0 include the following:
- Improved User Interface: An improved look and feel allows for easier navigation around the system with fewer mouse clicks.
- Enhanced Mapping Capability: A new map engine provides faster transitions between maps, improved detail, and a "bird's eye view" of tracked vehicles with the ability to obtain a street-level perspective.
- Multi-Vehicle Following & Route Tracing: RydeSmart 3.0 can follow multiple vehicles simultaneously and trace their routes traveled on the map.
- Vehicle History Playback: A history playback capability shows a vehicle's 48-hour history and includes a slider with play and pause options.
- Traffic Monitoring: Information on traffic conditions is available in real-time, with four color codes representing traffic intensity.
- Analytic Reporting: A new analytics capability provides extensive fleet, safety, and travel data for vehicles.
"The expanded analytics, improved mapping, and new interface of RydeSmart 3.0 will provide fleet managers with greater visibility and easier-to-use navigation," said John Gleason, Senior Vice President of Sales & Marketing, Ryder Fleet Management Solutions (FMS). "Because RydeSmart is a turnkey solution, companies leasing from Ryder will not have to worry about investing in the equipment, maintaining it, or learning how to use it. Ryder has already done the work for them and simply walks them through the process of using RydeSmart to manage their fleets more effectively."
National pizza franchise, Hungry Howie's, Inc., uses RydeSmartin its 22 leased Ryder vehicles to gain greater visibility into the management of its fleet, which covers more than 1.5 million miles a year.
"I can select a vehicle and then put in the destination address to find the estimated time of arrival and mileage, all without bothering the driver," said Hungry Howie's Transportation Manager George Speshock. Mr. Speshock also points to the administrative and compliance benefits gained from using the system. "Our drivers love not having to complete paper logs, and our CSA scores [Compliance, Safety, Accountability program of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration] are among the very best, with the help of RydeSmart," he added.
Versatile suite of products enables monitoring of dry van, refrigerated and flatbed trailers.
Ryder provides customized solutions that drive efficiencies and streamline operations.
To keep fleets connected with their drivers and vehicles, the telematics system features universal coverage.