Six companies won top honors for excellence in packaging design during the 2011 Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo (AAPEX) held in November in Las Vegas.
The AAPEX 2011 New Packaging Showcase entries were submitted in five categories and the winners are:
• Economics: Sylvania, SilverStar zXe High Performance Headlights
• Innovation: Gates Corporation, Micro-V AT with QR code
• Marketing (tie):
- Security Equipment Corp., SABRE pink key ring pepper spray supporting the National Breast Cancer Foundation
- Hopkins Manufacturing Corp., Hopkins Towing Solutions
• Performance: Spectra Premium Industries, The Premium Choice Radiator Box
• Protection: Airtex Products, LP, Airtex Air Cell
The Institute of Packaging Professionals (IoPP) developed the standards for judging, and Ben Miyares of The Packaging Management Institute (PMI) led this year’s judging. Entries were evaluated for their ability to innovatively, cost effectively and sustainably protect, identify and merchandise products.
PMI and IoPP continue their partnership with AAPEX sponsoring organizations to ensure the AAPEX New Packaging Showcase reflects the highest standards of design. Extensive enhancements have been made to the New Packaging Showcase over the past two years as a result of the partnership, including adding category divisions to highlight features of the package, online judging and the expanded onsite showcase display.
AAPEX 2012 will take place Tuesday, Oct. 30, through Thursday, Nov. 1, at the Sands Expo Center in Las Vegas.
Contest entries displayed in 13 categories.
AAPEX 2013 set for Nov. 5 through Nov. 7 at Sands Expo in Las Vegas.
Winners selected after more than 3,600 votes tallied by pre-registered AAPEX buyers.
Association for packaging and processing technologies to judge AAPEX showcase products for packaging design
Entries to be judged for packaging innovation.