Freightliner Trucks announced that it has awarded its top 50 dealer sales professionals “Elite” status through its annual Leland James Sales Achievement program.
Created in 2003 and named after Freightliner Trucks’ founder Leland James, the program recognizes and rewards outstanding sales results from dealerships in the United States and Canada. Recipients were selected for both on-highway and vocational sales success, and each winner will receive a custom crystal trophy engraved with an image of the original “Bubblenose” Freightliner truck developed by Leland James. The top 20 sales professionals were honored at a special awards ceremony in Marco Island, Fla.
Achievement is based on successful sales but also takes into consideration other criteria, including total number of customers; type of trucks sold; and training certification.
“Our Leland James Elite program recognizes sales professionals who sell to a variety of customers into many market segments,” said David Hames, general manager, product marketing and strategy for Freightliner Trucks. “The winners are truly well-rounded and exemplify superior salesmanship. We are honored to award them Leland James Elite status.”
Added Richard Saward, general manager, vocational sales for Freightliner Trucks: “We are pleased to offer this program each year to create a fun competition that honors our top dealer sales professionals. They work very hard and deserve the recognition.”
The Freightliner Trucks Leland James Elite winners for 2010-2011:
Top 20 Leland James Elite winners:
- Greg Allen, Stoops Freightliner, Lima, Ohio
- Tony Amadio, Campbell Freightliner, Edison, N.J.
- Bob Arrington, Atlantic Truck Center, Pompano Beach, Fla.
- Bryan Crawford, Los Angeles Freightliner, Fontana, Calif.
- Jerry Dewall, Freightliner of Grand Rapids, Wyoming, Mich.
- John Di Novella, Truck Country, De Forest, Wisc.
- Ron Donze, Truck Centers, Inc., Troy, Ill.
- Lynn Dundee, Houston Freightliner, Houston, Texas
- Jeremy Ervin, Freightliner of Chattanooga, Ringold, Ga.
- John Gile, Truck Country, Dubuque, Iowa
- Greg Heisterkamp, Holcomb Freightliner, Sioux City, Iowa
- Lee Howard, Fresno Truck Center, Fresno, Calif.
- Mike Iden, Lubbock Truck Sales, Lubbock, Texas
- Kermit Jones, Virginia Truck Center, Roanoke, Va.
- Rick Kinney, Truck Country, Kaukauna, Wisc.
- David Klockow, Hill Truck Sales, South Bend, Ind.
- Blake MacPherson, Team Truck Centers, Maidstone, Ontario
- Jeff Osborne, Freightliner of Evansville, Evansville, Ind.
- Bill Rhyne, Fyda Freightliner, Columbus, Ohio
- Joe Switzer, Truck Centers, Inc., Troy, Ill.
Next 30 Leland James Elite winners:
- David Beltran, On The Border Freightliner, El Paso, Texas
- Steve Blanchard, Delta Truck Center, French Camp, Calif.
- John Bloodgood, Truck Country, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Richard Butler, Camions Freightliner, Quebec, Quebec
- Greg Danner, Truck Country, Kaukuana, Wisc.
- Erick Fairchild, Tulsa Freightliner, Tulsa, Okla.
- Steve Farley, Southern Connecticut Freightliner, Branford, Conn.
- George Gauvin, Fyda Freightliner, Columbus, Ohio
- Bryan Glenn, Triad Freightliner, Greensboro, N.C.
- Terry Glidden, Truck Centers of Arkansas, North Little Rock, Ark.
- Kenton Good, Freightliner of Lancaster, Lancaster, Pa.
- Dave Greene, Freightliner of Bridgeport, Swedesboro, N.J.
- Gary Habel, Team Truck Centres, Kitchener, Ontario
- Al Hansen, Truck Country, Rothschild, Wisc.
- Wes Hearn, Middle Georgia Freightliner, Macon, Ga.
- Julian Hernadez, Sacramento Truck Center, Sacramento, Calif.
- Jimmy Hill, Triad Freightliner, Greensboro, N.C.
- John Mackay, Nova Enterprises, Truro, Nova Scotia
- Daryl McCaffrey, Holcomb Freightliner, Sioux City, Iowa
- Mike McCarthy, Houston Freightliner, Houston, Texas
- Donald Neeb, Westman Freightliner, Mankato, Minn.
- Mike Parker, Baltimore Freightliner, Md.
- Larry Parrott, Freedom Truck Centers, Spokane, Wash.
- John Patkunas, Truck Centers, Inc., Springfield, Ill.
- Steve Petch, Harper Truck Centres, Mississauga, Ontario
- Ted Peterson, Frist Truck Centre, Surrey, British Columbia
- Rod Popp, Freightliner of Red Deer, Red Deer, Alberta
- Skip Skehan, Freightliner of Maine, Westbook, Maine
- Deen Spurlock, Duckett Truck Center, Sikeston, Mo.
- Matthew Wolfe, Truck Centers of Arkansas, North Little Rock, Ark.
- Leland James Elite: Sales Manager winners:
- Dan Armstrong, Truck Country, Kaukuana, Wisc.
- Chuck Davidson, Hill Truck Sales, South Bend, Ind.
- Peter Gunderson, Houston Freightliner, Houston, Texas
- Bill Huston, Atlantic Truck Center, Pompano Beach, Fla.
- Jeff McKinley, Freightliner of Chattanooga, Ringold, Ga.
- Steve Reichard, Truck Country, De Forest, Wisc.
For more information on Freightliner Trucks, go to www.FreightlinerTrucks.com.