TranStar Now Features Eagle Interior, In-Dash GPS and Allison TC-10 Transmission
As many fleets in the trucking industry are shifting toward Class 8 regional haul applications, Navistar has upgraded the International TranStar with a premium Eagle interior trim package—the same package currently offered on ProStar+ —featuring premium air-ride seats, a wood-grained dashboard, chrome accents and bezels, and an ergonomically-designed “wing panel” over the center console. This interior offers a more premium and more comfortable driving environment for regional haul applications. In addition, TranStar is now available with a new Rand McNally in-dash GPS system with truck-specific map software to helps drivers stay on course and on schedule.
Also showcased will be a new commercial-duty Allison TC-10 transmission that will be available for ordering in mid-2012. The transmission will offer seamless shifting through a 10-gear range through the use of a torque converter and twin countershaft design. The TC-10 optimizes acceleration and eliminates the interruption of power that occurs in manual and automated-manual shifting and increases safety by offering greater low-speed maneuverability and better traction.
Navistar has also added several new driver-centric features to TranStar that are available for order today, including:
• LED exterior lighting that is designed to last 100 times longer than traditional incandescent bulbs. Like on the ProStar+, this feature helps keep drivers in compliance with CSA 2010 regulations by reducing the number of times a bulb goes bad over the life of a vehicle.
• The Bendix Wingman Advanced collision mitigation system brings together adaptive cruise control with braking features along with collision mitigation braking technology. Bendix Wingman Advanced provides the driver following distance alerts and, if necessary, will apply the brakes to help the driver potentially avoid the collision, or help reduce its severity. The system also provides unique stationary object alerts, providing the driver up to a three second warning of any metallic object blocking the driver’s lane of travel.
Diamond Logic Electrical System Powers Additional Driver Features
The ProStar+ and the TranStar are both fully integrated with the Diamond Logic Electrical System to drive down costs while giving customers available convenience features that make their jobs easier and safer, including:
• An automated pre-trip vehicle inspection feature that prompts drivers to confirm the operation condition of exterior lights prior to leaving the yard.
• A parking brake alarm that sounds when the key is off and the parking brake is not set before leaving the truck, preventing roll-away situations.
• Wipers that automatically slow down once the parking brake is set to prevent dry wipe damage, avoiding the cost of replacing a windshield.
• Headlights, park lights, trailer lights and marker lights that automatically turn on with wipers to ensure your vehicle is visible on the road in rainy situations.
Will be optional on certain Class 8 models.