Do you know a truck driver who has performed a heroic deed? Don’t miss the deadline to recognize drivers who put themselves in harm’s way to save someone else. Nominations for The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company’s 29th annual North America Highway Hero program will be accepted until Nov. 30, 2011.
“The Highway Hero program was created by Goodyear to recognize professional truck drivers and the life-saving rescues and roadside assistance they provide as their jobs take them across North America,” said Joseph Copeland, vice president, Goodyear Commercial Tire Systems. “Through this program, we’ve heard hundreds of stories of truck drivers’ bravery and selflessness. We believe the public should hear about these acts of heroism, as well.”
Nomination forms and program details can be obtained by calling the Goodyear Highway Hero Hotline at (330) 796-8183. The Highway Hero nomination form also is available on the program’s web site by clicking here. For award consideration, the following criteria must be met:
• The nominee must be a full-time truck driver;
• The nominee must reside in the United States or Canada;
• The incident must have occurred in the United States or Canada;
• The nominee must have been on the job or on the way to or from work, and in his or her rig at the time of the incident;
• The nominee’s truck at the time of the incident must have had 14 or more wheels;
• The incident must have occurred between Nov. 16, 2010, and Nov. 15, 2011, to qualify for this year’s program.
After the nomination period ends, the list will be pared down to four finalists, with one individual selected by a trucking industry panel of judges to serve as the annual ambassador for the program.
Goodyear Commercial Tire Systems offer complete products and services to the commercial fleet industry, including a full range of original equipment and replacement tires. This includes the 24/7 fleetHQ Solution Center, national programs, tire management tools, online information access and business problem-solving for tomorrow's commercial fleets. For more information on Goodyear's commercial tires, go to http://www.goodyeartrucktires.com.