Fleet Maintenance earned seven top honors in the annual TWNA Communication Awards – a competition that recognizes excellence in trucking industry journalism in both the trade and the mainstream press, as well as excellence in communication by public relations professionals.
This is the third year in a row that Fleet Maintenance has won multiple honors in this well-regarded awards program.
Founded in November 1988, TWNA (Truck Writers of North America) is an organization of professionals who are involved in gathering, writing and reporting news and information about the commercial vehicle industry.
Fleet Maintenance is the only magazine reaching corporate, fleet and maintenance management with dedicated maintenance content.
The honors earned by Fleet Maintenance this year were:
Best of Division Award
- Magazine Graphics: Fleet Maintenance February 2013, Heavy Truck Technology 2020, Feature Article, Erin Brown, Graphic Designer
- Editorial: Fleet Maintenance May 2013, Done in by a discomfort station, David A. Kolman, Editor
- Article Design: Fleet Maintenance February 2013, Heavy Truck Technology 2020, Erin Brown, Graphic Designer
- Technical/General: Fleet Maintenance May 2013, Soot Happens, Feature Article, David A. Kolman, Editor
- Best Single Issue: Fleet Maintenance July 2012, TMC SuperTech Special Issue, David A. Kolman, Editor
- Internet Commentary: Fleet Maintenance/VehicleServicePros.com, Going to paint school, Erica Schulz, Managing Editor
- Best Cover Design: Fleet Maintenance August 2012, Erin Brown, Graphic Designer
“At Fleet Maintenance, we constantly strive to provide editorial excellence of specific content that maintenance managers need to keep their vehicles operating with minimal downtime and maintain a safe, efficient and profitable fleet,” said Tom Neil, publisher. “We know that our readers appreciate our efforts, but it is very rewarding to know that our industry peers recognize our editorial quality as well.
“On behalf of everyone at Fleet Maintenance and parent company Cygnus Business Media (www.cygnus.com) – a technology business-to-business media company, I congratulate David, Erica and Erin on their accomplishments.”
He added: “I am very fortunate to work with a staff of dedicated and experienced professionals.”
The award program
Now in its eleventh year, the annual TWNA Communication Awards program generated 97 entries ranging from newspaper and magazine articles, to covers and layouts, to press events.
The program includes categories for writing, graphics, broadcast, websites and internal communications, just to name a few. Virtually everything from feature articles, to press kits, to marketing brochures, to magazine redesigns, are all included in the scope of the program.
Nearly everything except advertising is eligible for entry.
The TWNA Communication Awards program is administered by Elaine Haessner, co-founder of the International Automotive Media Awards. The entries are peer-judged against a thoroughly refined and tested standard scale.
TWNA membership, although encouraged, is not required to submit entries.