The Car Care Council has released an infograph for Fall Car Care Month, which is October, showing facts and figures about the benefits of vehicle maintenance. Automotive aftermarket shops can use this infograph as a way to promote their services to customers. The infograph notes the following facts:
- Proper tire inflation can improve gas mileage by more than 3 percent when maintained regularly.
- According to a recent survey, nearly 14 percent of vehicles have belts that need to be replaced and 10 percent have hoses that need to be replaced.
- The chances of a drive belt failure rise dramatically after four years or 36,000 miles for V-belts and 50,000 miles for serpentine belts.
- Nearly six in 10 people claim their driving behavior has changed due to rising gas prices.
- As a result of rising gas prices, 75 percent of consumers are better maintaining their vehicles and 90 percent of consumers are driving less.
- Seven out of 10 consumers believe the benefits of regular vehicle maintenance will improve the environment; nearly all believe it will increase fuel efficiency.
- A loose gas cap can trigger the "check engine" or "service engine soon" light.
For more information, go to www.carcare.org.
Air fares jump while gasoline prices dip.
Car Care Clinics help consumers in October, Fall Car Care Month.
Results of vehicle inspections held at community Car Care events reveal that 84 percent of vehicles need service or parts, the highest percentage in five years.