- Hood and bumper - The three-piece aerodynamic hood is made of sheet molding compound (SMC). SMC is a lightweight, durable composite material with excellent finished surface which is not only robust but also enables high paint quality. With the advanced hood assist system, lifting the hood requires just 35 lbs. of opening force.
The stylish, signature Kenworth grille is manufactured from corrosion-resistant aluminum wire mesh for superior protection of cooling system components. The two-piece aerodynamic bumper and chassis fairings are made from Thermoplastic Olefin (TPO) which enhances impact resistance and looks good with various paint colors. TPO is a durable material that does not react to sunlight. This allows for an in-mold-color option that reduces service costs for customers.
- Lighting - The T680 is standard with dual lamp Halogen headlights and optional with High Intensity Discharge Xenon lights. Seamless, integrated jeweled headlamps improve aerodynamics. All standard exterior lights utilize LED technology that provide a 20,000-hour life, which equates to about 15 years of truck life. LED lights are also used extensively in the cab and sleeper.
- Driver Performance Center - The all-new Driver Performance Center (DPC) has a full-color, high-resolution, 5-inch Thin Film Transistor (TFT) display screen, which includes current truck information, diagnostic data, and pop-up alerts. Additionally, the DPC will display situational-specific recommendations to the driver which help improve vehicle performance.
- HVAC system - The system has industry-leading Automatic Temperature Control, noted Feight, so once the desired temperature is set, it is maintained. A one-touch feature provides maximum defrost, which helps keep drivers comfortable and maintain their focus on driving.
- Seats - The Kenworth proprietary seats offer an advanced air suspension system that automatically adjusts to various driver weights. An adjustable shock provides a full range of seat comfort for driver-specific preferences.
An optional passenger 180-degree swivel seat allows the occupant to face into the sleeper. This option, combined with the rotating table, “create an industry-leading work and living environment,” said Feight.
- Kenworth dash - The new dash cluster has an easy-to-read layout with nine standard gauges and 12 additional gauges available. New switches utilize the toggling feature that drivers prefer, while maintaining rocker switch functionality.
The Kenworth dash includes Kenworth NavPlus with hands-free cell phone capability via Bluetooth connections and voice commands. NavPlus is standard with premium interior trim.
Kenworth manufactures "The World's Best" heavy duty and medium duty trucks. For more information about Kenworth products, contact your nearest Kenworth dealership Parts Department. Click here to...
For dealer service in J.D. Power and Associates medium duty truck study