Date: 03/21/13 12:00 AM CT - 02/22/13 12:00 AM CT
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Web site: http://www.opisnet.com/events/fuelbuying/
- Tesoro's pending purchase of BP's Carson refinery threatens to change the way fuel is purchased on the West Coast and could set the stage for major supply issues and price spikes, with historic price runups already witnessed this year in California.
- Benchmarks and fuel buying formulas are becoming more complicated, especially ones using spot or index-based pricing as a basis for rack transactions.
- Regulations like RFS2 and Low Carbon Fuel Standard will have a huge impact on fuel contracts.
Attend Winning Fuel Buying Strategies so you can…
- Buy Smarter – Learn how to shop your fuel purchases and leverage your volume with suppliers to ensure you are getting the best deal.
- Negotiate Better – Get the know-how to negotiate a great supply deal to accommodate a changing fuel slate and write a contract that works for your business.
- Elevate Your Knowledge – Discover the pros and cons of using spot-based purchasing formulas versus more traditional benchmarks for truck-and-trailer purchases.
- Control Costs – We'll show you how to keep your suppliers in check by making sure the invoice price you pay is the correct price.
- Increase Profits – We'll teach you how to use price discovery tools to read the market and predict your next day's wholesale costs.
- Pick the Right Benchmark – There are lots of choices out there – we'll make sure you select which is the best fit for your business.
This course was designed to help petroleum marketers, fuel resellers and end-users stay on the cutting edge in today's unpredictable fuel marketplace!