Location: Newport Beach, CA
The Automotive Service Councils of California (ASCCA) and CAWA – Representing the Automotive Parts Industry are hosting the fourth annual Aftermarket Industry Summit on February 9, 2013, in Newport Beach, California. The Summit continues to grow, and the two organizations expect to attract participants representing independent repair facilities and aftermarket parts manufacturers, distributors and retailers. Additionally, the California Autobody Association (CAA), California Automotive Business Coalition (CalABC), State of California Auto Dismantlers Association (SCADA), the Automotive Aftermarket Industry Association (AAIA) and the California Automotive Teachers (CAT) have also been invited to participate.
Issues to be discussed include:
- Where does the distributor buy parts? Who within the company makes the decision to buy? Does the repair shop have any say in the purchasing decision?
- What does it mean for California aftermarket businesses now that the "Right to Repair" legislation and initiative have passed in Massachusetts?
- SB 750: A lesson in grassroots advocacy
- How will I know if the brake pads I sell or install are compliant with the new regulations?
- What can the two associations work on in 2013 to improve the recruitment of individuals into the automotive aftermarket in California?
Jack Crawley, ASCCA 2013 President, noted the following about the Summit, "The rate of technological changes in our industry, and environmental influences, as well as legislative and regulatory impacts, will continue to grow exponentially. The outcome of these factors will shape our individual and collective futures as well as the industry. Together we must reflect that growth to be effective in protecting our interests and having our collective voices heard, respected, and acted upon."
Ed Jimenez, 2013 Chair of CAWA's Board of Directors, stated, "As manufacturers, distributors and retailers, we find it informative and valuable to have thought-provoking discussions with the repair segment of our industry. These discussions strengthen our respective businesses and build unity throughout the aftermarket distribution channel."
For additional information regarding the Summit, please contact CAWA CEO Rodney Pierini, at 800.332.2292, ext. 1; or ASCCA Executive Director Jackie Miller, at 800.810.4272; 916.924.9054.