333 East Butterfield Road
Lombard, IL 60148
The CSCMP Board of Directors is responsible for voting on the mission, vision, and goals of CSCMP on an annual basis. With the board coming directly from the field of SCM, their understanding of the needs and wants of CSCMP members creates an organizational structure with the return result of CSCMP providing unparalleled service based on what is best for the supply chain professional and the advancement of their career.
Review the CSCMP Strategic Plan, and learn the steps of which CSCMP will do to accomplish the mission and goals during 2010 – 2012. This strategic plan is available to the public for review as a PDF download.
To lead the evolving supply chain management profession by developing, advancing, and disseminating supply chain knowledge and research.
The Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals is the preeminent worldwide professional association of supply chain management professionals.
CSCMP exists to:
- Provide opportunities for supply chain professionals to communicate in order to develop and improve their supply chain management skills
- Identify and conduct research which adds to the knowledge base of supply chain theory and practice
- Create awareness of the significance of supply chain to business and to the economy
CSCMP is not:
- A trade association, social organization, or high-density market, so we do not condone suppliers who use the organization to promote their services
- Aligned with shippers, carriers, warehouse operators, material handling equipment manufacturers, consultants, or any other similar industrial grouping
- An organization that engages in matters where various members have contrary interests
- An organization that endorses, sanctions, or discourages supply chain-related legislation, products, or services
As a professional not-for-profit organization, the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals holds these values:
- We operate with the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
- We are committed to the individual professional development of our members.
- We are an inclusive organization, open to all who wish to enhance their supply chain management knowledge.
- We endeavor to be the supply chain management thought leaders by encouraging, promoting, and disseminating leading edge products and services.
- We endeavor to offer products and services of the highest quality.
1) Provides leadership in developing, defining, understanding, and enhancing the logistics and supply chain management profession.
- Retain and Recruit Members
- Be a source of high quality information
2) Enhances member value through education, networking, research, communication, and other services
- Support global roundtables
- Provide and promote high quality education to help our members and improve the profession
- Provide and promote high quality education and member networking opportunities through an annual educational conference
- Provide and promote high quality research to help our members and improve the profession
- Communicate effectively with all constituents
3) Operates with sound business practices.
- Be a flexible and responsive professional association
- Provide necessary infrastructure to support the association’s vision, mission and goals
- Utilize sound financial practices