It is easy to cut corners when it comes to keeping hands clean in tough work environments. So, here is a list of “nevers” to remind technicians of what not to do.
- Never use harsh detergents, solvents or chemicals to clean hands. Stick to a cleanser formulated for tough soils.
- Never wipe hands on a dirty shop towel. Shop towels can contain metal shavings or other debris that can cut and damage hands.
- Never use abrasives or brushes that aren’t designed for the skin.
- Never put dirty contaminated hands in gloves. The gloves will trap the contaminants against the skin, causing irritation and even permeation.
- Never eat or drink with hands that are covered in chemicals or dirt to avoid ingesting dangerous substances.
- Never handle harsh chemicals with unprotected hands.