A 1,000V insulated version of the Knipex X-Cut Wire Cutters is also available.
The Knipex X-Cut Compact Diagonal Cutter, No. 73 02 160, provides users high-cutting capacity with very little effort, thanks to the optimum coordination of a cutting edge angle and high lever ratio. The innovative box joint design provides high stablity while staying lightweight. A double-supported joint axis allows for heavy duty cutting of thicker cables, while still allowing precise cuts through fine copper wires.
The X-Cut pliers offers a wide range of cutting capabilities for industrial, trade and craft applications. This tool cuts through fine strands with great precision, easily cutting through materials similar to hard piano wire, but also features a large jaw opening for multi-strand cables.
Features and benefits
- Innovative box-joint design provides high stability and is low weight.
- Double-supported joint axis allows for heavy duty cutting.
- The optimum coordination of the cutting edge angle and a high lever ratio provide a high-cutting capacity.
- Requires 40 percent less effort than conventional high-leverage diagonal cutters of the same length.
- A larger opening width allows the user to cut thicker cables.
- Precisely cuts fine copper wire.
- A 1,000V insulated version is also available (No. 73 06 160).
- Forged from heavy duty chrome vanadium steel; oil-hardened.
Mechanical engineering components are shortened quickly using the X-Cut. Its cutting edges are not affected by cutting spring steel. This robust and precise tool “bites” through the most diverse tasks, including cutting plastic parts such as cable ties. It also helps technicians get into compact areas with ease.
It is important to look back in history when figuring out further development on tools. Box joints have always been valued for being compact, strong and durable. With the production possibilities available today, it is also possible to manufacture them in large series with high repeat accuracy. This creates a compact, light, strong, precise and durable pair of diagonal cutters.
This product is made at the Knipex Werk headquarters in Wuppertal, Germany. Knipex has always had its own factory with its own hired employees to ensure precision when making tools. The company and factory have been in business for over 131 years.
The tool is forged from heavy duty chrome vanadium steel and oil-hardened. The unit weighs 0.423 lbs.
The capacities of this tool are as follows:
- Capacity of medium/hard wire: 10/64”.
- Capacity of hard wire: 7/64”.
- Capacity of piano wire: 6/64”.
Storage and display
Distributors can order each item individually. A box can hold up to six units. Distributors can hang this product on the truck with the carded packaging.
Suggested retail price
For more information
KNIPEX Tools LP