Just as a pentagon has five sides, this tool consists of five topic areas intended to direct and focus attention to key realistic factors affecting the long-term well-being of an organization, he explains. Those areas are:
1. What is your personal future, your group’s future and/or your organization’s future?
2. What is the future of these or any downstream users or recipients of your work?
3. What are your direct, indirect and potential competitors’ futures?
4. What is the future of your suppliers/vendors or any alliance you have upstream or downstream that allows you to do what you do?
5. What is happening globally that will impact the world or universe around you in ways that can influence you and your company’s future?
The Current Reality
In summing up his remarks, Goldsmith reiterated his contention that leaders are paid to think and “today’s thinking creates tomorrow.
“The current reality is a manifestation of all your past thinking-related activities as they are being played out by the lower-level managers and front-line staffers during execution-related activities, and this fact is the reason why having the right tools and the right thinking are essential to success.”
A company’s current reality is a manifestation of all managers’/leaders’ past thinking-related decisions and activities made based on what was learned, strategized, performed and forecasted at the time, and how the execution-related activities are being played out by the lower-level managers and front-line staffers, he adds. This is the reason why having the right tools and the right thinking are essential to success.
Zonar helps public and private fleet managers improve CSA compliance, increase fleet efficiency and improve safety through an expansive set of inspection, diagnostic and GPS solutions. In 2001...