Ingersoll Rand's D5140 1/2" drill/driver, part of the IQV20 Series cordless tool line, offers durability and high-power performance while allowing the versatility to switch between the drilling and fastening functions in seconds. The all-metal single-sleeved locking and ratcheting chuck has carbide inserts to keep the bit from deforming the drill/driver during tough applications. The housing case protects the D5140 from breaking, as well as from corrosive fluids and chemicals commonly found in automotive and industrial environments. The tool features a 16-position clutch that gives users more control over drilling and fastening applications.
- High power, long-life motor delivers 700 in-lbs of torque.
- All-metal single-sleeve ratcheting and locking chuck with carbide jaws, providing strong bit retention.
- 20V lithium-ion battery offers extended runtime.
- The 16-position clutch and variable speed switch with electronic brake offer users more control over their drilling and fastening applications.
- Ergonomic handle and comfortable grip.
- Backed by a no-nonsense IQV20 Series 1-2-3 Warranty (which includes one year tool, battery and charger replacement; two year high-capacity battery replacement; three year limited warranty on chargers.)
Features and benefits
- The compact 20V lithium-ion battery gives technicians freedom from air lines and the versatility to use this tool anywhere in the shop.
- The IQV20 Series 20V lithium-ion battery platform powers other Ingersoll Rand cordless tools. That means technicians can share batteries and chargers, making it easier and faster to have a freshly charged battery ready to get the job done.
- The 16-position clutch offers superior user-control, which is critcal when drilling out rusted bolts and studs. It avoids breaking drill bits.
The tool is essentially an electric drill and driver, but with different accessories can be used for drilling, cutting, fastening and surface preperation.
The drill is designed in the USA and made in China to Ingersoll Rand's specifications. It has a chuck size of 1/2" with a free speed of 1,900 rpm in high and 500 rpm in low. The driver has a max torque of 700 in-lbs while weighng only 5.4 lbs. It has a length of 9.3".
Storage and display
The D5140 is available in bare tool, one battery kit or a two battery kit. The one battery kit includes the drill/driver, a 20V lithium-ion 3.0 Ah battery, IQV20 Series charger and a blow-molded case. The two battery kit contains the same contents with an extra 20V lithium-ion battery. Kits are assembled in a durable blow-molded case with spring hinges which allow the top to be removed for display or storage in the drawer of a toolbox.
Suggested retail price
For more information
Two Rivers Marketing
IQV12 Series cordless tools enable technicians to access narrow spaces faster and easier.