The Gaither Tool Co. Bead Bazooka, Nos. BB6L and BB9L, helps technicians seat tire beads easily due to its modest weight and easy handling. The No. BB6L works on most common tires and rims while the No. BB9L has been especially designed for use with larger, more stubborn truck tires, as well as some OTR and AG tires.
The No. BB9L provides 100 percent more energy at release by adding 50 percent (3L) more volume over the No. BB6L. The bead seaters’ grips have a texture for better handling in shop conditions and a more ergonomic feel. They weigh 12.25 lbs (No. BB6L) and 15 lbs (No. BB9L) respectively, offering the user easy handling and operation.
- Most bead seaters, unless used by a very experienced technician, need to be used by one technician while the other technician holds the tire and adds air using the tire changer. The Bead Bazooka’s power and the way it handles makes this unnecessary in some applications.
- Push-button trigger allows the technician to keep both hands on the tank for more control, making it safer than manual-release tanks.
- It’s design not only makes it look “fun” to use, but the “gun design” helps the user handle the tool more easily.
- Its size is smaller, making it easier to store.
- The technician fills the Bead Bazooka’s tank with shop air.
- Usually truck tires with very wide rims require bead seaters, though any tire with wide rims and a floppy side wall can be close to impossible to fill with air. The only way to do these tires without a bead seater is to put lighter fluid inside the tire and light it on fire, making a quick burst of flame that seats the bead on the rim. This method is unsafe, a business liability and can damage expensive tires.
- Even though the tool’s trigger makes the tool easier to handle with one hand, it can easily be handled with two hands to keep the bead seater straight during operation.
Features and benefits
- The bead seaters are lightweight, weighing 12.25 lbs and 15 lbs, respectively.
- The tool’s “slotted” double barrel directs the air for best overall lift.
- Fully ASME, CE, CRN and TUV certified.
- The automatic rapid air release system makes it the most powerful bead-seating device in the market, according to the company, yet its tank size is smaller, which improves the handling of the tool.
- The tool comes with important accessories, such as ear plugs and goggles.
- Wide tires with floppy side walls.
- Truck tires and off-road tires tend to be impossible to fill with air without a bead seater.
For more information