The American-made, two-piece JME Innovations Split Rethreading Dies can repair damaged threads on studs, drive shafts and struts without having to remove the part. Using a die stock, socket or a “gear wrench” to get the job done, this two-piece die can be placed anywhere there are good...
Welcome! This content is housed in a special section of our website designed for mobile tool distributors selling tools and equipment into the automotive aftermarket.
Articles written for mobile distributors are now only accessible with a unique login, to ensure this information stays exclusive to the mobile distributor community and isn't available to the public.
By registering to access this special section, you get full access to all of the content in VehicleServicePros.com magazine, along with exclusive online content that gives you an inside scoop on hot new products, exclusive stories, sales tips, technical information and more!
You will need to be a qualified subscriber of Professional Distributor Magazine to gain access. Subscribe to Professional Distributor Magazine or have your subscription ID ready.
It only takes a few minutes to register and verify your credentials. Register only once and simply use your login information when you return.
Login now to access exclusive content and learn more about how to make your mobile tool distribution business more efficient and profitable!
Split Rethreading Dies
Photo credit: JME Innovations
The American-made, two-piece JME Innovations Split Rethreading Dies can repair damaged threads on studs, drive shafts and struts without having to remove the part. Using a die stock, socket or a “gear wrench” to get the job done, this two-piece die can be placed anywhere there are good threads. It can repair the threads from the bottom up, or the traditional way, from the top down.
- It can repair damaged threads quickly and easily.
- Because the dies can be split in half and put back together, rethreading can be done on many studs without removing them from the vehicle.
- It can be used to repair the individual sections of bolts and studs that are damaged.
Features and benefits
- It comes in 10 different kits, 41 individual dies.
- It allows the technician to attach the die anywhere below the damaged threads, eliminating the danger of cross threading.
- The dies are not held together by a band or spring, allowing them to be “clicked” together without any need to replace parts in the future.
- Made in Ohio, U.S.A.
- Machined from A-2 carbon tool steel.
- Heat-treated to a Rockwell 58-62 hardness.
- Each die only weighs a few ounces each.
- The kits typically weigh around 2 lbs.
Storage and display
The items are shipped in boxes if bought as a whole kit, and in bags for individual dies.Suggested retail price
From $29 and up for individual dies, and $165 and up for the kits, depending on the number and size of the dies included.
Distributors are sold the product at a price so they can make a 30 percent margin on the product.
For more information
JME Innovations LLC
9524 State Rt 177
College Corner, OH 45003