Split Rethreading Dies
Photo credit: JME Innovations
The American-made, two-piece JME Innovations Split Rethreading Dies can repair damaged threads on studs, drive shafts and struts without having to remove the part. Using a die stock, socket or a “gear wrench” to get the job done, this two-piece die can be placed anywhere there are good threads. It can repair the threads from the bottom up, or the traditional way, from the top down.
- It can repair damaged threads quickly and easily.
- Because the dies can be split in half and put back together, rethreading can be done on many studs without removing them from the vehicle.
- It can be used to repair the individual sections of bolts and studs that are damaged.
Features and benefits
- It comes in 10 different kits, 41 individual dies.
- It allows the technician to attach the die anywhere below the damaged threads, eliminating the danger of cross threading.
- The dies are not held together by a band or spring, allowing them to be “clicked” together without any need to replace parts in the future.
- Made in Ohio, U.S.A.
- Machined from A-2 carbon tool steel.
- Heat-treated to a Rockwell 58-62 hardness.
- Each die only weighs a few ounces each.
- The kits typically weigh around 2 lbs.
Storage and display
The items are shipped in boxes if bought as a whole kit, and in bags for individual dies.Suggested retail price
From $29 and up for individual dies, and $165 and up for the kits, depending on the number and size of the dies included.
Distributors are sold the product at a price so they can make a 30 percent margin on the product.
For more information
JME Innovations LLC
9524 State Rt 177
College Corner, OH 45003