Number 1: Snap-on Modis scan tool
Number 3: Power Probe II
Number 6: OTC Cam Tool Assortment
Number 7: OTC Ball Joint Super Set
Number 9: Robinair A/C machine
Scott Bradshaw of CV Automotive
Photo credit: Craig Truglia
Number 2: The Redline Smoke Pro
Number 4: Chain Wrench, Snap-on CW12A pictured.
Number 5: Hose clamp pliers, Mayhew No. 28650 pictured
- Snap-on Modis scan tool with both European and Heavy Duty software packages: "This one makes me the most money. I do a lot of Ford F350s, F450s and F550s. I diagnose a lot of their transmission and driveability problems with this."
- Redline Smokepro smoke machine: "Every single vehicle that comes in here gets smoked. This is California, evap leaks appear every couple of years."
- Power Probe II: "I can induce power and ground and I can make stuff function. It's a real quick way to diagnose things."
- Snap-on Chain wrench: "It's great for holding power steering pulleys, you can put them on in about two seconds."
- Radiator hose/spring clamp pliers: "This will make your day 'incredible.' It quickly pulls open a heater hose clamp so you can slide it off quickly and it doesn't snap back."
- OTC Ford Cam Tool Assortment: "Worth every bit of money. I must have done 50 tensioners and guides, and three cam phasers with this."
- Cornwell/OTC Ball Joint Assortment: "I use this on a lot of Ford trucks. I beat this thing. They work using pressure, my father years back taught me, 'Pressure is your best friend.'"
- Hunter P411 Alignment Machine: "I do all the alignments for a tire shop and they do all my tires at cost. It also helps that my best friend sold it to me for only a thousand dollars!"
- Robinair A/C machine: "I can't live without that thing. That's my best friend in the world. We do A/C all year, here."
- Carolina Industrial Equipment Bearing Press: "I press everything. Not only wheel bearings, but we rebuild differentials as well."