Thexton’s 14mm X 1.25 Wheel Stud Pilot Pins, No. THX 498, have 14mm X 1.25 thread to help prevent the wheels of many BMWs from falling during service. The tool fits BMW 7 Series, 6 Series, X3, X5, X6 2009 to present and Mini Cooper 2009 to present. The wheel stud pilot pins allow the technician to...
Welcome! This content is housed in a special section of our website designed for mobile tool distributors selling tools and equipment into the automotive aftermarket.
Articles written for mobile distributors are now only accessible with a unique login, to ensure this information stays exclusive to the mobile distributor community and isn't available to the public.
By registering to access this special section, you get full access to all of the content in VehicleServicePros.com magazine, along with exclusive online content that gives you an inside scoop on hot new products, exclusive stories, sales tips, technical information and more!
You will also need to be a qualified subscriber of VehicleServicePros.com to gain access. Subscribe to VehicleServicePros.com now or have your subscription ID ready.
It only takes a few minutes to register and verify your credentials. Register only once and simply use your login information when you return.
Login now to access exclusive content and learn more about how to make your mobile tool distribution business more efficient and profitable!
Thexton’s 14mm X 1.25 Wheel Stud Pilot Pins, No. THX 498, have 14mm X 1.25 thread to help prevent the wheels of many BMWs from falling during service. The tool fits BMW 7 Series, 6 Series, X3, X5, X6 2009 to present and Mini Cooper 2009 to present. The wheel stud pilot pins allow the technician to hang a wheel and tire without having to balance the wheel on the hub. The 14mm pins simply screw into the wheel bolt hole. For strength and durability, the pins come zinc-plated. Comes two per package.
- 14MM X 1.25 thread.
- Fits BMW 7 Series, 6 Series, X3, X5, X6 2009-present; Mini Cooper 2009-present.
- Allows technician to hang wheel and tire without having to balance the wheel on the hub.
- 14mm pins simply screw into the wheel bolt hole.
- Pins are zinc-plated for visibility and durability.
- Pins are made of high-grade steel for strength.
- Prevents wheel from falling and causing damage.
- Packaged as two pilot pins per pack.
Feature and benefits
- The 498 Wheel Stud Pilot Pins allow the technician to install the tire without having to balance the wheel on the hub.
- With the growing number of BMW/Mini Coopers, the demand for this tool has increased.
- These tools are zinc-plated and constructed of high-grade steel, for longevity.
- The 498 Wheel Stud Pilot Pin prevents the wheel from falling and causing damage, a significant safety feature.
The 498 Wheel Stud Pilot Pin is designed to assist the technician with installation of the wheels after tire and wheel service has been completed.
The THX 498 Wheel Stud Pilot Pins are the result of Thexton adding to the established testers the company has provided over the last 100-plus years.
The THX 498 Wheel Stud Pilot Pins are manufactured in the USA. This product is zinc-plated and constructed of high-grade steel. They are packaged in pairs of two and weigh about 3 lbs.
Storage and display
The 498 Wheel Stud Pilot Pin is packaged in a see-through blister packaging. Hanging the 498 in the mobile truck and showing it to repair shops that work on diesel vehicles is the best method for exposure.
Suggested retail price
For more information
Peter Swenson, VP Sales
Ross Tichy, Marketing VP of Product Development