Raytek recently unveiled its latest non-contact temperature measuring tool, the MT6 Thermometer.
- 9-volt battery operation.
- A laser point/sighting system.
- An LCD display.
- Can take readings from -30 to 500 degrees Celsius and -20 to 932 degrees Fahrenheit from up to 6' or 2 meters away.
- Instant current and maximum readings.
- Accurate to within 1 degree Celsius or 2 degrees Fahrenheit.
- An ergonomic design.
- Uses that can include troubleshooting and analyzing exhaust, brake, A/C, engine and cooling systems.
- Comes with an automotive-specific manual and application information, as well as a protective boot.
To see how the tool would hold up under the rigors of shop use, we put an MT6 in the hands of three Innovation Award judges/ASE-certified Master Technicians:
- Dan Walker, owner of Dan's Auto Center in Oakhurst, CA.
- Phil Cook, owner of Carolina Auto Care in West End, NC.
- Jim Shirley, shop foreman at Bonfe's Mechanical in St. Paul, MN.
Overall, it seems the MT6 lived up to the traditions of the Raytek line. Specific comments from our evaluators included:
- "Having never owned a digital thermometer with laser sights, I was overjoyed with this function. The range and accuracy seem good, and its smaller size lets it fit into tighter spaces. I wouldn’t be afraid to purchase this one," said Jim Shirley.
- Dan Walker reported that, "I own an older Raytek, but I actually found myself using the new model more often than my Ranger ST. These thermometers are really nice and handy little tools. We use it quite a bit for A/C work and on catalytic converters."
- "The new features on the Raytek have greatly improved it. Our shop has had the old style for years, and have found it to be a valuable tool in diagnosing battery temperatures, catalytic convertors and radiator and condenser temperatures. All with pinpoint accuracy at the pull of a trigger!," stated Phil Cook.
For more information on the MT6 non-contact laser thermometer from Raytek:
Indicate 331 on inquiry card or click "e-inquiry" at www.pten.com