- Discover the tools available to spec' equipment in the computer age;
- Develop a systematic method to evaluate new products;
- Find out how to maximize warranty recovery;
- Learn how to cost out new equipment, and develop ROI numbers;
- Learn to speak the CFO's language;
- Learn the technical characteristics of alternative fuels;
- Discover the common pitfalls in laying out a new shop;
- Learn how to replace components just before they break;
- Ascertain what it takes to move from one generation of computerization to the next; and
- Learn how to audit to find out where you are in relation to your department's goals.
You'll learn how to effectively spec' vehicles, purchase wisely, negotiate warranty and best select suppliers and manufacturers.
You'll gain an in-depth knowledge of today's computerized management systems. You'll learn how to reduce costs through predictive maintenance, and how to properly analyze failures when they occur - and more.
- Vehicle Specifications : Developing vehicle specifications; evaluating component choices; using mission simulations to predict performance.
- Purchasing: selecting vendors, negotiating terms; evaluating parts quality and warranty.
- Warranty: vehicle warranties, extended coverage's; federally required coverage; policy adjustments; negotiation.
- Computerized Management Systems: Identifying needs and wants; evaluating software and hardware choices.
- Advanced Budgeting and Financial Statements : Writing budgets; cost justification; communicating with the finance department.
- Failure Analysis and Predictive Maintenance : Develop your own predictive maintenance program and prevent recurrent repairs through failure analysis.
- Shop Layout and Design : Planning new facilities and expansions; designing your shop for safety and the environment.
- Diesel and Alternative Fuels : A look at the pros and cons of currently developing alternatives to diesel power.
- Shop Audits : Evaluating all aspects of the maintenance program.
Organization appoints/elects 31 fleet professionals to make up this year's group.
LeasePlan is first company to offer endorsement.
Recognizing the path to professional accomplishment