Hein-Werner has re-introduced their made-in-the-U.S.A. HW93642 Heavy-Duty 2-Ton Service Jack. Formerly produced by Lincoln Automotive, this popular jack features:
- A 1-piece handle.
- A pressure relief valve to help prevent overloading.
- A u-joint mechanism for more precise load control.
- A rolled frame for added strength and stability.
- A sealed power unit to keep grit, grime and moisture out.
- A low pick-up height of 3-3/4" and a maximum lifting height of 20".
- Coverage from a 2-year warranty.
- Made in the U.S.A.
To see how the jack would hold up under shop conditions, we put it in the hands of ASE-certified Master Technician, shop owner and Innovation Award panelist Mark Joy of Joy's Service Center in Wichita, KS. His remarks follow.
"This jack was a lot faster on the rise than other jacks I've used. It was nice not having to pump the handle as much to get to the height I needed.
"You can just tell that it's constructed better than most. It seems to be built to last.
"It also rolls more smoothly, so I can get it around the shop quicker. That might seem like a little thing, but it saves time."