ST05 Oxygen Sensor Tester/Simulator
Features and benefits
The ST05 Oxygen Sensor Tester/Simulator by General Technologies Corp. provides instant reading and testing capabilities of the sensor output and diagnoses slow responses. Ruggedized electronics make the ST05 difficult to damage, and no software upgrades are required. Other features include:
• 42-volt ready: Can be used in newer vehicles with mixed or single 42-volt systems.
• Monitors and tests zirconia and titanium oxygen sensors in one- and five-volt systems.
• Internally protected against power surges, overloads and reversed polarity connections.
• Powerful LED bar graph shows sensor signal for easy interpretation.
• Crosses-per-second counter prominently displayed on LED.
• High temperature silicone 16 AWG test wires and rugged piercing clamps.
• Protective rubber holster.
• Provides instant readings and testing capabilities of the output of the sensor.
• Diagnoses slow-response sensors, which cause drivability problems.
• Excellent preventive maintenance tool to diagnose sensors that need to be replaced before they set DTCs or completely fail.
• Sensor can be tested on or off the vehicle.
• Does not require special setup or in-depth knowledge to use.
• No software to upgrade.
R134a Refrigerant Recovery and Recharge Unit
Features and benefits
The R134a Refrigerant Recovery and Recharging Unit No. 34788 by Robinair is fully compliant with SAE J2788 requirements, and incorporates many features of the existing model No. 34700Z. A recharging accuracy to within 0.5 oz. translates into fewer customer come-backs, while an automatic lock-out feature prompts technicians of a pending filter change at 100 lbs. of recovery. The new unit is compatible with conventional and hybrid vehicles using electrically-driven compressors. It is designed to give technicians access to optional vehicle database software, and allow easy updates on refrigerant and compressor oil capacities per vehicle. Productivity and safety are key attributes of the unit. Combining simple operation with critical charge accuracy, model No. 34788 helps shop owners maintain profitability. Other features include:
• Automatic Function allows users to program the unit to recover, vacuum, test leaks, charge and walk away without having to operate panel valves.
• Vacuum Leak Test will monitor the vacuum level after an evacuation and inform the technician of a possible leak in the vehicle’s A/C system.
• Automatic Air Purge eliminates damaging air without any monitoring of gauges or opening of valves.
• Refrigerant Management Systems display refrigerant use and monitors remaining filter life. Prompts appear when 1/3 of filter life remains.
• Vacuum Function defaults to 15 minutes, but is programmable up to 99 minutes. Remaining vacuum time is displayed on the screen.
• 115V 60 Hz.
• 30 lb. refrigerant container on-board.
• -50° to 120°F operating range.
• 43 ci. spin-on type recycling filter/drier.
• 3 cfm pump-free air displacement.
• 44” x 34” x 23”
• 235 lbs. shipping weight.
In June 2005, the Society of Automotive Engineers started a research program to reduce the emissions of R-134a. The program, called I-MAC (Improved Mobile Air Conditioning), was tasked with making R-134a systems more cost-effective while reducing refrigerant emissions. I-MAC members have pledged to design smaller systems with fewer leak points, and improve service equipment. As a result of this program, the SAE recently approved tighter standards for automotive A/C recovery, recycle and recharge equipment. The new standard, SAE J-2788, requires that all service equipment manufactured after Nov. 1, 2007, must recover 95 percent of the refrigerant and recharge to within 0.5 ounce.
• Automatic Refrigerant Refill maintains a user selectable amount of refrigerant in an internal vessel, and signals when it’s time to change the supply tank, so no monitoring is required.
• Automatic Oil Drain automatically drains system oil captured during recovery, and the display reminds you to empty the bottle. Gradations on the container clearly indicate how much oil needs to be replaced.
• Refrigerant Charging allows users to select a charge mode from either the high side, low side or both, eliminating guesswork.
Suggested Retail Price
• SPX Product Manager Brian Berdan
• By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
12-Point Impact Sockets from Grey Pneumatic
Features and benefits
Grey Pneumatic introduces their extensive line of 12-Point Impact Sockets designed for professional tool users. They are engineered specifically for use with impact tools, and are made from high quality chrome-molybdenum alloy steel. Heat treatment ensures the correct balance of strength and durability. GP Impact Sockets are tested to the highest specifications to deliver outstanding performance. Other features include:
• 3/8”-drive to 1”-drive coverage.
• Sizes range from 5-16” to 2-7/8” and 7 mm – 50 mm.
• Standard and deep lengths available in all drive sizes.
• Wide range of fractional and metric sizes.
• 12-point universal sockets in 3/8” and 1/2" drives.
Grey Pneumatic’s decision to expand their range of 12-point sockets was a result of changing market requirements. The number of applications requiring 12-point sockets has significantly increased in recent years. Various import automobiles, as well as some truck applications, now utilize 12-point fasteners which make these sockets a must.
• Sets come in a molded storage case for organized storage.
• Available individually or in 14 different sets.
• Lifetime warranty.
• Point-of-purchase displays available to promote individual socket sales.
SeeSnake micro inspection camera
Features and benefits
The new RIDGID SeeSnake micro inspection camera, from Ridge Tool Co., is a hand-held, fully flexible and adjustable tool that allows users to see into tight and out-of-reach spaces. A high-resolution camera head is attached to a 3’ reinforced vinyl cable that users control. The camera then sends what it sees to a 2.5” color LCD screen on top of the pistol-grip handle. Features also include:
• A J-shaped hook-tip extension to tug, pull or pick up small objects or wires.
• A powerful magnetic tip to pick up metal objects in confined spaces.
• A mirror tip to let users look around corners and see inside hard-to-reach areas.
• 2.5” color LCD display.
• Two adjustable LEDs.
• Reach expandable to 30’
with optional extensions.
• Four AA batteries, three hours of continuous run-time.
• 1.2 lbs.
• Improved durability and maneuverability.
• Easy to locate inside drain and sewer lines.
• 100-percent stainless-steel construction for longer camera life.
• Thicker light shield for better wear resistance.
• Phone: 888-743-4333