Features and benefits Lincoln Industrial's FST Pro Fuel System Tester, Model MV5545, combines pressure and flow testing with patented technology to quickly diagnose and accurately pinpoint common fuel system malfunctions. Other features include: • Patented valve simulates heavy-load...
Welcome! This content is housed in a special section of our website designed for mobile tool distributors selling tools and equipment into the automotive aftermarket.
Articles written for mobile distributors are now only accessible with a unique login, to ensure this information stays exclusive to the mobile distributor community and isn't available to the public.
By registering to access this special section, you get full access to all of the content in VehicleServicePros.com magazine, along with exclusive online content that gives you an inside scoop on hot new products, exclusive stories, sales tips, technical information and more!
You will also need to be a qualified subscriber of VehicleServicePros.com to gain access. Subscribe to VehicleServicePros.com now or have your subscription ID ready.
It only takes a few minutes to register and verify your credentials. Register only once and simply use your login information when you return.
Login now to access exclusive content and learn more about how to make your mobile tool distribution business more efficient and profitable!
Features and benefits
Lincoln Industrial's FST Pro Fuel System Tester, Model MV5545, combines pressure and flow testing with patented technology to quickly diagnose and accurately pinpoint common fuel system malfunctions. Other features include:
• Patented valve simulates heavy-load conditions while vehicle idles in the shop.
• Capable of testing both return and returnless fuel systems, including electronic control.
• Pressure gauge has a durable and accurate diaphragm design.
• Rubber boots protect the gauge and flow meter from damage.
• Flow tube is surrounded by acrylic shield to prevent accidental breakage.
• Glass flow tube is impervious to gasoline and other fuel additives.
• Utilizes SAE-rated fuel connections for safety and reliability.
• Includes 37 adapters for connecting to most automotive fuel systems.
The idea for the MV5545 arose from suggestions by service technicians who complained about the current inaccurate method of diagnosing and troubleshooting fuel delivery systems by pressure testing alone.
As a manufacturer, Lincoln created the FST Pro Fuel System Tester to save diagnostic time for the mechanic and reduce hazardous conditions in the shop created each time a fuel pump is mistakenly replaced. The MV5545 was designed to diagnose vehicles correctly the first time, and save fuel pump manufacturers the high costs of replacing or refunding non-defective pumps. It also saves warranty costs to automotive manufacturers.
Service technicians who use this product can substantially reduce the amount of time to diagnose whether a fuel system problem exists. Once a malfunction is proven, it will again save time by pinpointing the cause. All diagnostics are done in a safe and controlled manner while the vehicle is at idle in the shop.
• Saves hours of labor time spent diagnosing and troubleshooting modern fuel delivery systems.
• Allows visualization of fuel to detect impurities and air bubbles.
• All kit components are packaged in custom-molded tool case that is durable and easy to repack.