Auto Meter presents their BVA-300 Automotive Battery & Electrical System Analyzer for battery and charging system analyses. According to the company, attributes include:
- Auto Meter’s advanced digital pulse load technology simplifies the testing process and provides accurate and consistent results.
- An easy-to-read digital display with English or Spanish language options.
- The memory to hold the last 50 tests.
- A hand-held design and light weight of 1.3lbs.
- Infrared capability for cable-free communication with a remote printer, which the company sells separately.
Mike Steptoe, owner of Reliable Auto Repair in Fort Atkinson, Wis., and a PTEN Innovation Award panelist, enjoyed the convenience and options that came along with the Auto Meter BVA-300.
“This was a really great tool. I enjoyed the counter on it. It was very user-friendly and pretty self-explanatory to operate.
“Twenty-one batteries were tested with the BVA in our shop. The nice thing was, it gives you the option of performing individual tests of just a battery, or starter … alternator. And you can perform these tests consecutively, which is ideal for when you have multiple techs in the shop.
“The battery test gives you the estimated CCA on a range of vehicles — a great feature because you don’t always know the number offhand. It allows input of a number of different battery classifications — it can be a worldwide tool.
“This tool definitely beats the big load testers we used to use. It’s so portable, you can take it right to the car site, say for a jump. The auto-off feature is nice for if you get interrupted or walk away from what you’re doing.
“Probably the best feature is the infrared capability of printing info. It’s always nice to be able to show a customer where you’re at.”
Indicate 124 on eInquiry