Snap-on Diagnostics introduces the brand new Vantage PRO, No. EETM303A. It has an automotive power graphing meter and two-channel lab and ignition scope to capture and translate electrical signatures from components and diagnostic information and faults. Other features of the Vantage PRO include:
• Fast ARM processor.
• Large 5.7" sunlight-readable color display.
• Covers most vehicle makes from 1979-2006, including more than 45,000 unique vehicles.
• Automatically configures vertical and horizontal instrumentation scales to show waveforms, reducing the overall set-up and testing time.
• Provides more than 2 million vehicle-specific component tests, including tests for engines, transmission, ABS, charging, transfer case and suspension systems.
• The meter and space lab store more than 1,000 continuous screens of diagnostic data, with advanced zooming capabilities that display all the information on one screen.
• Patented Peak Detect software makes glitches more visible.
• Has five independent channels with a variety of standard and optional test leads.
• Offers five continuous hours of use with one charge and comes with a molded carrying case.
Joel Anderson, shop foreman at Bonfe's Auto Service & Body Repair in St. Paul, Minn., and a PTEN Innovation Award panelist, tested Snap-on Diagnostics' Vantage PRO and came away impressed.
"The Vantage PRO is a nice time-saver due to its size. It's very portable … which helps, because it means quicker hookups to vehicles. I found it very easy to use. For example, the navigation feature from the menu screen to the scope screen is very simple.
"Overall, there wasn't anything that I really didn't like about the Vantage PRO. I liked this tool. I would have enjoyed getting more accessories, i.e. ignition (secondary) adapters, low amps probe, etc. to more completely determine its usefulness compared to my S450, which I also use quite often.
"One thing I particularly enjoyed was the vehicle/component specific feature. This feature shows the connector view with PIN ID, and where the best location is for testing on the vehicle. I think wire colors would be a nice upgrade here … to save time printing and looking up diagrams.
"It also comes in a nice molded case, and includes the manual and a DVD.
"This is a great tool to have around."
The Vantage PRO Training Solutions module covers controls, navigation, menus and settings.