MONDAY, SEPT. 15
- 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.: Registration Desk Open—Contestants and participants can pick up registration packets
- 1 - 4 p.m.: TMC SuperTech2008 Contestant Orientation & Qualifying Written Exams
- 6:30 - 8 p.m.: TMC SuperTech2008 Welcome Reception & Hands-on Skills Finalists Announced
TUESDAY, SEPT. 16
- 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.: Registration Desk Open—Contestants & participants can pick up registration packets
- 7 - 8 a.m.: Buffet Breakfast
- 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.: TMC SuperTech2008 National Technician Skills Competition Hands-on Skills Challenge
ADDED BONUS: PTDC TRAINING FAIR
As an added bonus, all TMC attendees and TMCSuperTech2008 contestants will be able to attend the PTDC’s Training Fair, a series of hands-on training sessions designed for technicians, shop supervisors and fleet managers. This year’s Training Fair will offer various separate educational opportunities based on the skills stations held during the contest.
What’s more, this training qualifies for continuing education credit units accepted by the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF). Sessions are repeated during the two-day Training Fair, so you maximize the number of training opportunities.
PTDC Technician Training Fair Schedule
WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 17
- 6:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.: Registration Desk Open
- 6:30 - 8 a.m.: Buffet Breakfast
- 7 - 9:45 a.m.: PTDC Technician Training Fair
— 7 - 8:15 a.m.: Training Sessions
Session #1—Diesel Particulate Filter Cleaning and Handling
Session #2—Starting Systems
Session #3—Filtration Systems
— 8:30 - 9:45 a.m.: Sessions #1-4 repeat
- 9:45 - 11:45 a.m.: Shop Talk/Failure Analysis
- Noon - 2 p.m.: TMC Awards Luncheon-TMC SuperTech2008 Grand Champion announced
- 2:15 - 5 p.m.: PTDC Technician Training Fair resumes
— 2:15 - 3:30 p.m.: Training Sessions
Session #5—Cooling System Maintenance
Session #6—Tire Inflation Monitoring Systems
Session #7—Lubricants and Sealants
— 3:45 - 5 p.m.: Sessions #5-7 repeat
How to give technicians the opportunity to showcase their skills
Keep this handy testing and training schedule for this year’s event.
TMC Executive Director Carl Kirk Welcomes you to TMC SuperTech2007.
Begin your SuperTech planning here--and don't forget to attend the training fair!