FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Makita’s new LXT series has been designed specifically for lithium-ion battery technology with 40-percent less weight in a more compact size. The LXT series includes the BTW253 3/8” Impact Driver, the BDF452 1/2” Driver Drill and the BML185 Flashlight. The two BL1815 1.5Ah lithium-ion batteries work in conjunction with the DC18RA Rapid Optimum Charger during the charging process for a more efficient charge and maximum battery life.
The new 30-minute Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the LXT battery throughout the charge cycle using a built-in memory chip in the battery and a built-in CPU chip in the charger to recognize the history and battery condition to select the optimal charging method. The optimal charging method uses Active 3 Controls for current control, thermal control and voltage control. The charger also has a built-in fan to cool the battery to produce more lifetime work.
The LXT series comes equipped with built-in LEDs that operate independently from the tool to illuminate the work area. Makita LXT lithium-ion batteries and Optimum Charging System produce 430-percent of the total lifetime work, with 2-1/2 times more battery cycles, than the traditional Ni-Cad batteries.
Makita packages the LXT series in the U.S. with Japanese- and Chinese-manufactured tools.
The combo kit includes the following elements:
• BTW253: 3/8” impact wrench.
• BDF452: 1/2” driver drill.
• BML185: Flashlight.
• BL1815: 1.5Ah lithium-ion batteries (2).
• DC18RA: Rapid Optimum Charger.
• 21” contractor bag.
• Optimum Charging System produce 430-percent total lifetime work, with 2-1/2 times more battery cycles than the traditional Ni-Cad batteries.
• 1,400 battery life cycles.
• 40-percent less weight.
• Five times lower self-discharge to keep cells active and ready to use anytime.
• Built-in memory chip to communicate with the charger.
• Built-in shock absorbing features to protect the battery.
• 16 firm-holding contact terminals for constant high power.
SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE