Using the basic 35-year-old model from its previous hand-pump design, Mityvac re-introduced the Silverline Elite Hand Pump Automotive Kit, No. MV8500, with updated features, such as pressure testing for turbo chargers on newer vehicle makes and models.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
The hand pump from the MV8500 kit allows techs to easily switch from vacuum operation to pressure-related engine performance diagnostics and tune-ups. The one-hand-operation pump works for brake bleeding, as well as fluid transfer, evacuation and sampling.
The MV8500 creates a pressure and vacuum on the squeeze stroke for accuracy and control, and includes a durable, accurate diaphragm-style compound pressure/vacuum gauge.
Advancements in automotive technologies in the areas of turbo-charging and brake systems require a pump that creates higher pressure with greater convenience, comfort and accuracy.
Now mechanics can easily switch from vacuum operation to pressure testing.
Sold in graphic-packaged kits that include:
• Silverline Elite hand vacuum/pressure pump with 2” compound gauge with rubber boot.
• 4.5 oz. fluid reservoir bottle with fluid transfer and storage lids.
• Seven tapered adapters for connecting to tubing from .09” to .50” ID.
• Two tapered manifold plugs.
• Two universal bleed screw adapters.
• 12 vacuum cap plugs.
• Vacuum line T-adapter.
• Two 1/4” ID x 24” long connection tubes.
• 5/32” ID x 1/4” ID tubing adapter.
• Three connection tubes.
• Rubber cupped adapter.
• Master Cylinder Refill Kit (model no. MVA6825).
Made of a die-cast aluminum body with high-quality gearless diaphragm-style gauge, the pump is capable of creating a near-perfect vacuum of 28” Hg, or greater than 60 psi of pressure.
With the updated model, the MV8500 is capable of pressure-testing turbo chargers on newer vehicle makes and models, with the ability to vacuum-test engine performance diagnostics and tune-ups. This kit also works for brake bleeding as well as fluid transfer, evacuation and sampling.
SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE
Mark Allen, production manager