The Power Probe Scream’N Continuity Tester and Volt Detector, No. PPCT, tests wire harnesses, bad connections, relays and diodes. The tool emits two distinct tones enabling users to differentiate between circuits above or below 10 ohms. The PPCT also emits a warble tone when it detects voltage over 6V.
Features and Benefits
The PPCT tests wire harnesses, bad connections, relays and diodes by emitting two different sounds based on the voltage level. Powered by two AA batteries, the tester offers an automatic shut-off, built-in flashlight and comes equipped with a 10’ lead, and an additional 10’ extension.
Most service shops are noisy environments making it difficult to hear. Power Probe developed a tool for technicians to “audibly monitor” circuits and voltage by having an adjustable volume with distinct sounds.
• Probe tip current: 10 mA.
• Open circuit voltage: 3V.
• Volume: 100 dB at 1’ maximum.
• Low tone: • High tone: > 10 ohms • No tone: > 1 K ohm.
• Batteries: Two AA.
• Voltage detection: 6-50 VDC.
• Banana Jacks: 4 mm, shrouded, gold-plated.
• Storage temperature: -4 degrees F to 140 degrees F.
• Operating temperature: 32 degrees F to 122 degrees F.
• Adjustable volume based on noise of working environment.
• Emits two distinct tones enabling user to differentiate between circuits above or below 10 ohms.
• The SCT Includes gold-plated, 4 mm banana jacks on both the tip and at the end of the green lead ensuring compatibility with all standard 4 mm plugs, piercing probes and test leads.
• Built-in headlights to illuminate probe area.
• 10’ lead included with an additional 10’ extension cord.
• Powered by two AA batteries.
• Automatic shutoff maximizes battery life.