FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Used for setting and adjusting the cam/crank/pump timing on Volkswagen TDI models. The No. 6800TDI set eliminates the guesswork of figuring out the various specialty tools necessary when replacing timing belts on all VW TDI models made from 1999–2008.
There are three different versions of TDI engines between 1999 and 2008, which makes finding the proper specialty tool a difficult task in some cases. AST has, for many years, sold the various components of this set separately. The requests for the tools increased from customers over time, so AST created the No. 6800TDI timing belt tool set.
Visit ASTtool.com for tool/kit specifications.
• Set covers 1999-2008 TDI models.
• Includes holding tool for 2006 VW with toothed oval crankshaft pulley.
• Includes crankshaft holding tool for the 2004 –’05 generation motors.
• Both two-pin tensioner spanner wrenches also cover some VW/Audi gas engine applications.
• Holding case with foam insert.
• Five-year warranty.
SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE:
Technical Editor Dave Cappert takes a look at timing-belt service, as well as some of the specialty tools required by some OEMs for the service.