TMC Recommended Practices Enter Appeal Period
The Technology & Maintenance Council (TMC) of American Trucking Associations is proposing adoption of the following Recommended Practices.
• RP 131B (T), High-CCA Battery Applications for Commercial Vehicles. This RP offers spec’ing guidelines for selecting commercial vehicle batteries for applications requiring high cold-cranking amperage (CCA).
• RP 134A (T), Starter/Alternator Rebuild Performance Standard Guidelines. This RP offers performance guidelines for rebuilding starters and alternators.
• RP 209E (T), Tire and Rim Safety Procedures. This RP offers safety procedure guidelines when servicing and maintaining tires, wheels and rims.
• RP 234A (T), Valve Hardware Selection Guidelines. This RP offers guidelines for selecting valve hardware for commercial vehicles.
• RP 237A (T), Retorquing Guidelines for Disc Wheels. This RP offers guidelines regarding the need to retorque disc wheels following installation on a vehicle.
• RP 245 (T), Tire Assembly Balancing With Wheel Weights. This RP offers guidelines for tire/wheel assemblies using lead wheel weights.
• RP 246 (T), Consideration for Products Intended for Use Inside Tires. This RP offers guidelines regarding consideration of products intended for use inside of the tire/wheel assembly.
• RP 418A (T), Heavy-Duty In-Cab R-134A Air Conditioning Systems. This RP offers guidelines for spec’ing cab air conditioning systems for commercial vehicles.
• RP 430A (T), Guidelines for Collision Warning Devices. This RP offers guidelines for spec’ing collision warning devices.
• RP 641A(T), Maintenance Guidelines for Hydraulically Actuated Clutches. This RP offers guidelines for maintaining hydraulically activated clutches.
• RP 661(T), Application of Outset Wide-Base Wheels on Drive, Trailer and Auxiliary Axles. This RP offers guidelines regarding use of outset wide-base wheels on drive, trailer and auxiliary axles.
• RP 710A(T), Overhead Door Selection, Installation, and Maintenance for a Dry-Van or Body. This RP offers guidelines for selection, installation and maintenance of overhead doors used on dry-van trailers or bodies.
• RP 721A(T), Practices for Safe Maneuvering of Converter Dollies. This RP offers guidelines for safe maneuvering of converter dollies.
• RP 1109A(T), Type IV Fuel Economy Test Procedure. This RP provides a test procedure for comparing the fuel consumption of two vehicles of similar capabilities, or one unit of a combination vehicle to the same unit of another combination vehicle. This procedure also provides for evaluation of the effects of certain components or systems on fuel economy.
• RP 1224(T), Driver Communications Interface. This RP offers minimum requirements for a common driver communications interface—also referred to in this document as a human-machine interface (HMI)—which should facilitate a standard look and feel among various HMI units in different makes and models of vehicles. This RP applies to all commercial vehicles equipped with onboard vehicle communications equipment that utilize an electronic driver display for wireless communications.
TMC Task Forces to Meet September 20 in Raleigh, N.C.
The following Task Forces of the Technology & Maintenance Council (TMC) will meet in open session on Monday, September 20, 2010 at the Raleigh Convention Center in Raleigh, N.C. Task Force meetings are scheduled for approximately one hour and will take place between 8 am and 4 pm. Parties wishing information on how to attend specific Task Forces should contact TMC headquarters at (703) 838-1763.
S.1 Electrical & Instruments
S.2 Tire & Wheel
S.4 Cab & Controls
S.5 Fleet Maintenance Management
S.6 Chassis & Brake Systems
S.7 Trailers, Bodies & Material Handling
S.11 Energy Conservation
S.12 On-Board Vehicle Electronics
S.14 Light- and Medium-Duty Trucks
S.15 Specialty Vehicles—
Future Truck Committee
To offer full educational slate