The R5/FCX3 from Peake Research offers technicians an affordable non-OBDII scan and reset tool for BMWs. The compact tool reads BMW factory codes and resets BMW’s unique Oilservice/Inspection reminders without software, interface cables, VIN entry or boot-up time; just connect, select and go in...
Welcome! This content is housed in a special section of our website designed for mobile tool distributors selling tools and equipment into the automotive aftermarket.
Articles written for mobile distributors are now only accessible with a unique login, to ensure this information stays exclusive to the mobile distributor community and isn't available to the public.
By registering to access this special section, you get full access to all of the content in VehicleServicePros.com magazine, along with exclusive online content that gives you an inside scoop on hot new products, exclusive stories, sales tips, technical information and more!
You will need to be a qualified subscriber of Professional Distributor Magazine to gain access. Subscribe to Professional Distributor Magazine or have your subscription ID ready.
It only takes a few minutes to register and verify your credentials. Register only once and simply use your login information when you return.
Login now to access exclusive content and learn more about how to make your mobile tool distribution business more efficient and profitable!
The R5/FCX3 from Peake Research offers technicians an affordable non-OBDII scan and reset tool for BMWs. The compact tool reads BMW factory codes and resets BMW’s unique Oilservice/Inspection reminders without software, interface cables, VIN entry or boot-up time; just connect, select and go in under 30 seconds.
Features and benefits
• Reads and resets OE BMW (factory) engine fault codes.
• Resets BMW’s Check Engine/Service Engine Soon warning lights.
• Resets BMW’s Oilservice/Inspection reminder lights.
• Reads both Pending and Historical engine fault codes.
BMW owners and technicians today are facing the urgent need to read and reset BMW’s unique factory codes and lights. This requires a non-OBDII tool. The low-cost R5/FCX3 will read and reset factory codes and reset BMW’s unique dash lights, like the Oilservice/Inspection and engine lights.
Non-OBDII is very important, especially if your end-users own or work on BMWs, because there is a significant difference between OBDII codes and the highly specific factory codes. The R5/FCX3 accesses BMW’s vast array of factory diagnostic, analysis and repair codes enjoyed by BMW dealers, where OBDII tools and Manufacturer Specific OBDII tools simply will not. BMW installed a very narrow range of OBDII codes to obey emissions laws. Beyond government “smog-test” functions, OBDII is likely to report “unknown code” or worse, a misleading code.
• Produced, programmed, and packaged in the U.S.
• 3.25” x 1.75” diameter.
• 8.7 oz. (with manual and case).
• Compatible with 1987-’07.
• R5/FCX3 connects to the round underhood plug; R5/FCX3-16 connects to the under-dash plug; R5/FCX3-U covers both.
• Reads BMW engine fault codes that trigger the Check Engine or Service Engine Soon warning lights.
• Resets the engine fault codes and Check Engine/Service Engine Soon Lights; Oilservice/Inspection reminders/countdown lights to 2005.
• Will not program or disturb existing firmware.
• Constructed from high-impact plastic, gold-plated internal connections; 16-bit CPU.
• Affordable — priced similarly to a dealer’s diagnostic fee
• Displays all BMW engine fault codes.
• Easy to use – takes less than 30 seconds
• Includes easy to read code chart and instruction manual
• Includes storage case
• 90-day Manufacturer’s Parts & Labor Warranty
• Recommended by leading service manuals (Bentley, Mitchell, Haynes, All-Data, Chilton’s, etc.)
Because of the compact size of the R5/FCX3, stocking these products is extremely unobtrusive. Peake offers aggressive margins based on volume, a 90-day warranty on parts and labor, and customer service and technical support for tool-related issues.
Suggested retail pricing