DeWALT announces the launch of its two new 7”/9” Variable Speed Polishers, Nos. DWP849 and DWP849X. These polishers offer a powerful 12-amp motor and a variable speed dial that delivers 0-600/0-3,500 rpm, giving users the power and speed they need for tough applications. The variable speed trigger also allows users to further control the speed from zero to the specified maximum setting (0 to 3,500 rpm). In addition, the DWP849X includes the Controlled Finishing System with soft start to give users improved speed control and finish quality, and a three-position bale handle for multiple gripping options.
Features and benefits
- A powerful 12-amp motor and a variable speed dial that delivers 0-600/0-3,500 rpm. The two-finger variable speed trigger allows the user to control speed from 0 to 3,500 rpm.
- Controlled Finishing System with soft start to give users improved speed control and finish quality.
- Hook and loop backing pad allows for quick, tool-free accessory changes.
- Wool ingestion shields cover the air intake and help to eliminate wool and debris ingestion, increasing the life of the tool.
- A bale handle and a straight handle are included to give users comfort and control in various applications.
- Non-marring rubber gear case cover helps reduce the chance of finish scuffs or scratches and provides user comfort and control.
- Ergonomically sculpted rear handle with rubber over mold provides user comfort and control.
- Amps: 12.0 amps
- Maximum watt out:1,250 watts
- No load speed: 0-600 rpm/0-3,500 rpm
- Spindle thread: 5/8"-11
- Spindle lock: yes
- Tool length: 18.5"
- Tool weight: 6.7 lbs.
These two products will offer different price points with different feature sets specific for certain users.
Some users may be hesitant to use a polisher with soft start because of a previous bad experience with soft start tools or a specific application. DeWALT offers the No. DWP849 for those users who seek the best value polisher without the soft start feature. The DWP849 offers all the performance and durability the user requires without paying for the extra features.
For the user that requires the most in finish quality and control, DeWALT offers the No. DWP849X with the CFS soft start feature, rubber overmold, wool ingestion shields, rubber gear case cover and hook and loop backing pad.
Suggested retail price
No. DWP849: $199
No. DWP849X: $219
For more information
Associate Brand Manager