Welcome! This content is housed in a special section of our website designed for mobile tool distributors selling tools and equipment into the automotive aftermarket.
Articles written for mobile distributors are now only accessible with a unique login, to ensure this information stays exclusive to the mobile distributor community and isn't available to the public.
By registering to access this special section, you get full access to all of the content in VehicleServicePros.com magazine, along with exclusive online content that gives you an inside scoop on hot new products, exclusive stories, sales tips, technical information and more!
You will also need to be a qualified subscriber of VehicleServicePros.com to gain access. Subscribe to VehicleServicePros.com now or have your subscription ID ready.
It only takes a few minutes to register and verify your credentials. Register only once and simply use your login information when you return.
Login now to access exclusive content and learn more about how to make your mobile tool distribution business more efficient and profitable!
The Ranger RX3040 RimGuard Touchless/Leverless Tire Changer is designed to work on virtually all auto and pickup truck wheels without damaging the rim and without the need for toolbars, bead locks or tire levers. A reversible tool head effortlessly mounts and dismounts the most stubborn tires with no wheel contact. Ergonomic joystick control combined with precision hydraulic actuators allows you to inch the bead hook or lifting tip into position for gentle handling of delicate alloy wheels. A durable nylon tool head and hardened steel tool head with replaceable nylon covers come standard, giving users the option to choose just the right tool to make delicate wheel services simple and fast.
A full menu of time-saving features include an integrated wheel lift, upper and lower bead-breaker rollers, a traveling drop-center arm, a power-drop assist roller, quick-nut wheel mounting, Target-Lock auto-locating tool head, full-color LCD monitor for viewing underside operations, 3,000 psi hydraulic power unit and a handheld turbo-blast nozzle for simple bead seating. A standard wheel mounting package includes automotive and light truck cones covering hub sizes 2.00 – 6.50.
Low profile tires are becoming more common. These expensive, hard-to-change tires are no longer a small market as many OEM vehicles are adopting aftermarket performance-type wheels. This unit is equal in capacity to brands selling much higher. Our dealer now has a value option that will deliver quality results. In this economy, buyers are looking for ways to save without reducing their capacity or product quality expectations.
- Air/electric-hydraulic drive system: 208-230V 60hz 1 Ph, 140-160 psi air requirement
- Wheel clamping capacity: 10" – 30".
- Tire width capacity: 3" - 22".
- Max tire diameter: 44".
- Shipping weight: 1,410 lbs.
- An integrated wheel lift with easy-guide rollers helps facilitate the handling of heavy wheels.
- A powerful pneumatic drop-center tool reduces the effort required to change tough-sidewall tires.
- Tires are secured to the changer in the same manner as a wheel balancer for user familiarity and super-fast set up times. A rubber base mount combined with multi-size center cones and a patented no-mar Quick-Nut makes mounting wheels fast and easy, and reduces the risk of wheel damage.
- Provides an expanded service range of 10” – 30” to 22” wide, giving you the ability to work efficiently on a variety of wheel styles and sizes.
- Automatically operated bead-breaker rollers feature controlled penetration to easily loosen even the most stubborn and awkward beads.
- Exclusive Target-Lock button located on the joystick control provides automatic locating of both the tool head pulling tip and the mounting tip to an exact fixed point 1/8” away from the wheel edge.
- Features a built-in camera and a large, full-color LCD monitor view of underside operations.
- Conveniently placed foot pedals for precise control at all times.
- The powerful turntable works systematically at a controlled speed.
- The smooth, effortless, power delivery of the 3hp motor and 3,000 psi hydraulic power unit provides multi-speed performance.
- A handheld turbo-blast nozzle allows technicians to direct a powerful burst of compressed air precisely where needed to seat stubborn beads in seconds.
- Comes standard with a total-care package that includes replaceable nylon inserts for the steel tool head, replaceable nylon remount and dismount heads, rubber pedestal cover, spare drop-center pull hook tool head and a no-mar Quick-Nut.
- A total performance package includes three automotive and light truck cones covering hub sizes 2.00-2.75, 2.75-4.00 and 4.00-6.00 and one heavy-duty truck cone that fits hub sizes 5.50 – 6.50.
- Switches off key power system components after 15 seconds of inactivity, representing tremendous savings in energy use and minimizing wear and tear on critical operating components.
Suggested retail price